Warning to preppers from Rand Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by melbo, Dec 5, 2011.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The LAST Place they would want to mess with is Utah.... Those Folks could muster an organized ARMY of Militia, in a matter of Hours, and I would NOT want to find our how many of the local National Guard Units would Muster up with such a Call-Up.... Mormons are the Most organized bunch you will ever likely see. Just Remember what they did to Johnston's Army, back in the Day...
    ..... YMMV....

oldawg, fedorthedog, hank2222 and 7 others like this.
  2. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

I agree with you 100% on that Bruce, they are some great people,Just don't piss them off! These folks are not pushovers...

Cephus and Falcon15 like this.
  3. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Let them force it then they have to fight on ground of your choosing.

BWM

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I just love it....

Had Jonothan Swift been an American, alive today, penning Gulliver's Travels....he would have described the USA's descent into implosion as "The war against a Noun". It is likely to be a war as eternal as the existence of the noun itself. What could be sweeter for those who would see a democracy be converted to a dictatorship. The "War against the Noun" has the potential to be as all consuming for the USA as the interminable war between Oceania and Eastasia was for Winston Smith.

5. T.R

T.R Monkey+

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Espada and Falcon15 like this.
  6. Espada

Espada Monkey+

So many Americans, fortunate to have been born in this great country (yes, Mr President, this exceptional country), have the idea that history is just something that happened to other people a long time ago, in places far away.

I have the mindset that when the balloon goes up, I may well be one of the folks who water the Tree. That assumed, I won't be taking half-measures toward the final objective, which will be to give my grandchildren the opportunity to grow up in the "Happy Days" of America, like I did.

Talking to a fellow Viet Nam vet outside the post office last week ( he was a 1/9 grunt, the "Walking Dead"... statistically, he shouldn't be here)... we agreed we didn't hate the NVA/VC we locked horns with - scared spitless sometimes, but personal hate didn't enter into the equation. But we HATE the bastards in this country who parasite, who hate our America, who join with the the illegal alien in the White House in his efforts to "fundamentally transform America."

Virulently hate.

T.R and Mountainman like this.
  7. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

That whole "missing finger" thing makes about a quarter of the calf and team ropers I know into terrorists.

T.R, Sapper John and BTPost like this.
  8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Same with any Combat Engineers who have ever built a Baily Bridge,seems like we always had a few folks lose fingers when we started slinging all of that steel.

chelloveck likes this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Sometimes missing body parts are par for the course

Sometimes missing body parts are par for the course for the soldiery....An Assault Pioneer Platoon Commander's Course I once attended had a couple of sergeant instructors....one, the demolitions instructor was missing an index finger and a middle finger of his left hand (courtesy of a rogue detonator), and the other instructor taught us about the care and operational use of flame throwers. That instructor had shocking burn scars to his forearms and hands (courtesy of a runaway flame thrower that a nervous student lost control of....the sergeant grabbed and took control of the gun assembly, saving him and the student) Neither of them inspired much confidence, until they started to instruct in their chosen subject and I learned of their back stories). The demo sergeant was (at the time I took the course) one of the last soldiers in the Australian Army to have used a flamethrower in combat in SVN.

I don't know why missing a couple of fingers is such a problem...losing one's mind seems to me to be ever so much more worrying. : O

Sapper John and Mountainman like this.
  10. BTPost

I have dealt with Energetics for over four decades, and still have ALL my Fingers & Toes. I can't say that, for many of the Commercial Fishermen I know, or many of the Loggers I have meet either... .... Careful Is as, Careful Does....

Cephus likes this.
  11. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

How about all of our brothers and sisters who have lost body parts in Iraq and Afghanistan wars? Are they going to be viewed as terrorists too? Do they really view vets as potential domestic terrorists?

Cephus likes this.
  12. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Yes. They do.

13. T.R

T.R Monkey+

Many an old wood worker and carpenter I have met have fingertips missing .

14. T.R

T.R Monkey+

Thats another problem with pencil pushers ............ they never worked a day in their life , or ever got their hands dirty doing anything real .

15. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Of course they do.

We have knowledge in the use of arms and most of us still have a degree of respect for the constitution and the oath we took...that combination is bound to make them "a bit nervous"...

T.R and Cephus like this.
  16. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

I can understand their mindset regarding guns and even, at a bit of a stretch, missing fingers etc., as being a possible sign of terrorist activity. However, when it comes to storage of food, I don't get it. Maybe I am dumb or something, but where does terrorism come into that? It seems to me that they might be specifically zeroing in on "Survivalists" or "Preppers" . Again, I can understand their wanting to put the lid on guns but up till now Americans have been encouraged to "arm" themselves and given every opportunity to do so (at least that's how it looks from up here in the wilds of Canada). Now, all of a sudden, no-no-no to guns. An entire populace, used to having their armaments, and legally entitled to have them, are now going to be committing an illegal act? How can this be? And if your President is given such sweeping powers, how is he then any different from all the other dictators currently being rebelled against all over the planet. They all have excuses and reasons for their outrageous actions. I do seriously think that there must be a great deal more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about....they are preparing the way for some kind of big action down the road. I mean, the way they are acting, you would think there was a terrorist under every rock.....

And instead of encouraging people to stock up foods against bad times (heck, they did it in the Bible, over and over again, were even warned in dreams to do it! So it can't be "wrong" to do, wouldn't you say?) - they are making sure that they can starve people out if necessary. As I said, I am in Canada and none of this applies to me personally (yet) but I can feel my blood beginning to come to a boil at the idea of anyone telling me what I can stock up or can't stock up, with my own money. We are living in truly crazy times.....and obviously, about to get even crazier. I am a-thinking we should perhaps all be a bit more discreet in what we are saying and doing these days? Why give "them" more ammunition against you?

Mountainman likes this.
  17. BTPost

It has to do with Citified Folks, who just do NOT think of where and how Food gets to their local Grocery Store. They have ALWAYS just gone down and bought what needed, and it was ALWAYS there.... It is a very common thing in the last 3 or 4 decades. Folks just have grown up not having to think about those things, and when the Trucks stop rolling, they are going to be Out of Luck, PERIOD. For us Prep'er folks who were trained and grew up in a Prep'er Family, it is just a different way of living, and a totally different mindset. Unless you really dig deep, many just ignore the issue altogether. The gov wants to be the BeALL and EndALL for the sheeple, and they can and will control them with whatever the sheeple needs are. For Me and Mine, we have ours, and can do fine without the help of anyone else. Been that way for us for a very long time. So, because we do not need the .gov, we are suspect, and to be watched, because WE CAN THINK for ourselves, and have planned for ourselves. ..... YMMV....

18. Espada

Espada Monkey+

They have wrecked the system, and they know we know it.

T.R likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7