Was I a "bad cop"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I assure you if I had intentions of actually doing this, do you think I would have mentioned it to anybody. There are ways of getting even without jeopardizing one's freedom.

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Most of the bars I or friends of mine worked were a bit different enviroment. They were the types of places where there was generaly a dedicated blood mop bucket with heavily bleached water to kill whatever the patrons might have had when you mopped up blood after a fight. Most of the patrons also actualy knew what a real fight was, even when it was a 'friendly' fight I cant rightly remember any fight where a single punch landed that there wasnt at least blood on the floor and often the walls.volved and few empty hands. When they were not 'friendly' you had LOTS of folks in Most of the folks starting troublein places like that arent intrested in dealing with the courts and we werent tossing folks that were there to spend money, just the ones trying to tear the place apart or kill folks who were there to spend money. Most of the bars around here that are NOT like that generaly dont have bouncers.

In the places that need a bouncer particularly it dose take a certain level of stupidity to take the job (generaly near minimum wage and frequently alone to face SEVERAL large unfriendly folks) and to stay upright let alone be good at it, it takes a lot of situational awarness to be sure you see problems before they escelate and recognize the problems when they walk in the door as well as being able to tell when folks are armed even when well concealed then be able to deal with it.

3. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I fell into a booby trap yesterday. It cost me some serious coin, but there is a world of difference between a premeditated visit to a trap like this or a spontaineous one in which you seem to simply drive there by the force.

I love booby traps!

My wife's booby traps were asleep and unavailable last night. Damn I hate it when that happens!

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

thought the boobytrap was a bar.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7