Washington I-594 needs to be defeated

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by thebastidge, Aug 26, 2014.

1. thebastidge

thebastidge Monkey+

NRA-ILA | Vote for Freedom Defeat I-594

Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility lies | Facebook

Facebook

I've been working with the local Libertarian Party, NRA, Citizen's Committee for the Right to Keep an Bear Arms, OpenCarry.org and Open Carry Vancouver, and everyone else I can enlist to spread the word. I-594 is a very bad proposal. It creates a registry of all firearms, overly burdens police and NICS with responding to honest people trying to transfer firearms, criminalizes ordinary and necessary behavior, and create a burden and infringement upon your civil rights under 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendments.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Vote for Freedom in Washington, Defeat I-594
    [​IMG]
    Initiative 594 is a universal handgun registration scheme being promoted by a very wealthy group of anti-gun elitists who have already raised nearly $1.4 million to qualify this initiative. Although they describe it as a "universal background check" measure, it is not “universal” because criminals will never comply with the requirements. It is however, Universal handgun registration.

[​IMG]Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing.
    [​IMG]Virtually every firearm transfer - with very few and limited exceptions - would be required to go through a licensed firearms dealer under the provisions of I-594.
    [​IMG]I-594 will specifically regulate transfers, not sales. Under the language of I-594, in virtually all cases, a person merely handing his or her firearm to a family member or a friend cannot do so without brokering the transfer through a gun dealer with the accompanying paperwork, taxes and, in the case of handguns, state registration.
    [​IMG]I-594 also doubles the state waiting period on handgun sales from five to ten days and extends it to every private transfer of a handgun!
    [​IMG]The only thing that I-594 would accomplish is the creation of a government record of all lawfully transferred firearms in Washington, which would facilitate their future confiscation.

[​IMG]Not only does this measure place undue burden on law-abiding citizens, it is an expensive diversion of scarce law enforcement resources. Law enforcement departments are already spread thin, some of which are already not in compliance with existing law as it pertains to CPL license issuances, due to resource limitations.

Before the November Ballot, it is more important than ever for Second Amendment Supporters in Washington to come together and make their voices heard. Please get involved locally and join NRA-ILA’s Frontlines.

Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated when more information regarding Initiative 594 is available.

[​IMG]

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That Transfer Delay, if challenged in Federal Court may likely be held Unconstitutional, just like it was in Kommiefornia, yesterday..... I am sure Alan G. will be all over it if it passes.....

4. thebastidge

thebastidge Monkey+

The problem is millions coming from wealthy donors to get this passed, and too many people who are ignorant of the law as it now stands being taken in. WAGR is promoting this using some very deceptive tactics ("Oh, don't look under this rug, nothing to see here") and deleting any opposing commentary on their facebook and web page.

Almost 2 million dollars of the nearly 4 million raised so far has been donated by less than 20 people to get I-594 passed. The majority of the donations come from only 10 zip codes centered around Seattle. This is a true astro-turf campaign.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  5. thebastidge

thebastidge Monkey+

6. thebastidge

thebastidge Monkey+

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7