...watch the panic because it will get real ugly.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bandit99, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Smart ,, they need to move product ,, Hoax has screwed them ..
    I found a few more 25CF deep boxes and are filling , while the store's tell me only this amount !!
    Total BS joke

Im good ,
    Lets hope they don't black out the sun for power production

S

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Time to donate calves to groups who will feed the old.

GOG, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

True, plus it was a misunderstanding of the Mayan concept of time. The stress was poised around the transition, and even though the time table may be off since the Mayans did not keep time as we ever did or still do, the idea was lost and replaced with fear. Change happens, it is natural, and that is one part of the mystery of this existence. This era described by the Maya we are in now will end in 2066, and it will probably be studied and talked about again as we approach that deadline...if we're still here to do so.

4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I think what may happen is that raw foods will be the better investment and do the processing at home rather than letting others do it for you.
    Most people will not go for this but to reduce handling and the potential further spread of the virus, it makes good sense.
    Some here already do this but I think it may become the social norm in the future.

GOG, HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

nay - the stuff is washed down several times during the process - but - it's still VERY advisable not to handle raw veggies and then go to other food products >>> Mexico uses human waste from the US border sanitation works - that's 500% more dangerous than catching the Virus 7-10 days post-human handling ........

Brokor, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  6. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I saw that everyone was spending their stimulus check on food. So I bought a steer and named him Food, he had a date with a friends meat locker in October

STANGF150, GOG, Brokor and 4 others like this.
  7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Meat and vegetables are plentiful in Sydney...eggs a bit scarce, but obtainable....TP available but rationed...not as much variety but not having to resort to corncobs just yet. ;) Hand sanitisers and other personal health care products now available in supermarkets, as well as disposable facemasks, and gloves. Pantry staples pretty much back to normal...not noticing panic buying: most seem to be replenishing what is being used, rather than building up 'nuclear winter' stocks.

Restocking supermarket shelves after coronavirus panic buying doesn't happen overnight. Let's unpack why - ABC News

How Coles, Woolies and other supermarkets are bouncing back

Ganado, VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Chello Ol'buddy,If you need any thing let us know,Hopefully not corncobs and such,I did see some spiffy Trump face masks for sale,I'll be glad to hustle one up for you?

3cyl, oldawg and HK_User like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

HK_User likes this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

No, not an authentic image....The Punisher should be coloured orange....:LOL:

Perhaps we can do an international trade....I can send you a pink pussy cap...in exchange for a 'TRump' mask....

Some folk have come up with some creative face mask ideas....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This College Student Created A Special Face Mask For Deaf & Hard Of Hearing People

It may be more effective with an anti fogging agent applied to the inside of the transparent part of the mask :)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hmm, Looks like a Cinco De Mayo mask for eating Tacos?

HK_User likes this.
  12. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I went to Smartfood last week and they are well stocked looks like this wave of panic buying is over. So stock up now before the fall panic buying season starts.

Gator 45/70, Brokor and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  13. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

How much will you pay for that Mountainhouse food now, I wonder?

:cool:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Not enough to actually buy some?

15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

We have a rule when you take something out it needs to be replaced. Took me three different stores to find a pork roast. The limit was 2 pork products per visit. There wasn't even a dozen pork products on the shelf. Last week burger was missing. On Monday the only burger I could find was the $9 organic, grass fed stuff. On Wednesday I went to Costco and the butcher said he had not had burger in 3 days. I finally found some ground beef on Thursday and it was limit 2. While at Costco I noticed the fresh meat was limit 3 packages and the frozen meat was limit on package. At the local grocery store. the pasta and canned vegetable area is pretty empty. The chip and cookie aisle is full but finding bags of flour is real hard. Food shortages continue in the metro area. People are stocking up because they have been told the second wave is coming and things are going to be worse. Regardless of what you believe, now is not the time to deplete your resources.

GOG, oldawg, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

It is now August 16, 2020, and the situation isn't much better. I went shopping for my Mother today and the shelves were almost empty at Walmart! I don't know if things are getting worse or if the truck is just later or if I just happen to go shopping at bad times. Needed some vitamins, but no C to be found....finally found some over-stock tucked away in a corner. Cereals were a mess. Couldn't find the coffees I needed (that really hurt)! A lot of things that I did buy required substitution on size or brand. It has been like this for much of the spring and summer. But on the bright side, there was lots of toilet paper and paper towels.
    Sure am glad that I'm a prepper!!

Gator 45/70, HK_User and GOG like this.
  17. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

We ventured to the big city and picked up a small chest freezer and then went straight to Cash and Carry or some such and bought enough meat to fill it.
    We also picked up another 100lbs. of rice and 50lbs. each of Pintos and Black Beans while we were at it.
    We got it done in one trip because at this point, engaging with the human race has lost its charm and we wanted to get back to the barn post haste.

There were some holes in the store inventory but not that many in the scheme of things.
    (It's a restaurant supply store that stocks all the food service necessities as well as groceries, meats and beverages in bulk.)

On the other hand, an Albertsons we use has had large and lengthy shortages of numerous poducts. Decent coffee is regularly out.

I think that the crazy will grow exponentially before the election so strap in.

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  18. HK_User

No shortages here, coffee I like best is HEB store brand medium dark.
    Wally world is not a place I visit.
    I hate to make Amazon drops for they are part of the problem.

Gator 45/70 and GOG like this.
  19. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I have enough coffee stored to open an espresso bar. :cool:

Gator 45/70 and Gafarmboy like this.
  20. HK_User

Dark fine grind for me in that model.

Gator 45/70 and GOG like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7