Watch what you say in MO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scrapman21009, Nov 28, 2011.

1. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A Kansas teenager who wrote a disparaging tweet about Gov. Sam Brownback said Sunday that she is rejecting her high school principal's demand for a written apology.
    Emma Sullivan, 18, of the Kansas City suburb of Fairway, said she isn't sorry and doesn't think such a letter would be sincere.
    The Shawnee Mission East senior was taking part in a Youth in Government program last week in Topeka, Kan., when she sent out a tweet from the back of a crowd of students listening to Brownback's greeting. From her cellphone, she thumbed: "Just made mean comments at gov. brownback and told him he sucked, in person (hash)heblowsalot."
    She actually made no such comment and said she was "just joking with friends." But Brownback's office, which monitors social media for postings containing the governor's name, saw Sullivan's post and contacted the Youth in Government program.

Saw this story on Yahoo news today, 1984 much????

Remember it is not our place to disagree with the smart men that represent us poor common folks and protect us from ourselves, I am so glad Obammy has my best intrest in mind, I would never say anything bad about him [bow]

Seriously though, it is very scary that the powers that be are monitoring our socia feeds so closely, hopefully incidents like this will help to awaken the rest of the sheeple of how many of our libitries are going bye

2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

She needs to stand her ground. 1st Amendment and all that. See, if the Governor decides to push the issue, I am sure she can get some pro-bono legal representation. She should also make a huge media circus out of it and expose the Governors office brown shirts for what they are.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The most interesting part of that is the monitoring done by office staff at dot gov expense. I wonder if the good citizens of KS (edit from MO) might get incensed at the spending on non essentials if/when this all gets into the media. (Also might serve as a wakeup to the stupids about OPSEC.)

Sapper John and tulianr like this.
  4. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

You guys might want to reread the story. The young lady is from KS. and she was in Topeka KS. when the monitoring was being done by the KS. Governor's office. The story is from the AP in Kansas City MO.

BWM

5. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

This is easily solved. Don't write anything down online or in email you don;t want getting around or back to someone. Stay off Facebook and tweeter. I don;t have accounts at either and only post online what i am comfortable with other people knowing.

Jason

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  6. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I have people tell me I suck and write letters that I suck and call me alot of four letter words too. If I took that serious I would spend my life complaining. I know all people don't like me for what ever reason that may be and I really don't need them to like me. Thats the way the world works, I think O-dumba$$ sucks a big one and that is my right to think so. Hell he knows he sucks and Im sure his wife has told him he does. Now for my evil laugh (HAHAHAHAHAHA) Still working on it.

BackwoodsmanUSA and beast like this.
  7. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Alpha: add MUA before you begin your evil laugh: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA![reddevil]

Sapper John likes this.
  8. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Thats what was missing thanks MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! That works

scrapman21009 and Falcon15 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7