Water BOB

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

One of the main survival items, regardless of the situation, is water. When you have to bug in, having a catchment system and others is a good thing.

One of our redundant water storage items for in the house, in advance of a storm, is the water BOB.

I recommend them to my students over buying bottled watter. Bottled water is expensive even before you tack on the per bottle "tax." The water BOB conforms to a bathtub for its structure. It will hold up to a gallon of water. I would not hesitate to drink Hawaiian tap water. It is that clean. But I still use a Berkey Filter.

One convenient feature of the water BOB is that it has a pump to use to dispense water.

Good stuff to have for emergencies. I usually do not deploy it. But Hurricane Lane's track proximity has me a little bit worried about things getting knocked off line. And flooding is a real possibility. The Berkey filter can really come into play if there is big flooding too.

2. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Please store as much water as possible, while you can. If you end up not needing it, you can always use it for other purposes, after the storm passes.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Most water can be purified or treated,
    but if you've got no water your completely sunk.
    Water catchment is smart but if your in a area that does not get rain very often,
    you've got to make better preparations than every one else.
    The earth is going through some changes and I believe that it would be foolish to assume things will always be as they are .
    Living in the mountains we had a well, but shortly after the 92 earth quake the well dried up .
    Though you may have a well, I believe it is prudent to have a significant reserve above ground and keep the flow moving through it.

4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Indeed, hunker down Hawaiian Monkeys...

6. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

The water bob is a great item, inexpensive and incredibly useful. I don't have one right now because I keep giving them away to unprepared friends. :rolleyes:
    So @Hanzo, thanks for the reminder I'll be ordering a couple today. :)

7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mine resides in the bathroom cabinet, awaiting a sense of urgency to use. We have four bathrooms with three tubs, so that is a lot of water potential INSIDE the house. Plus other redundant storage.

GOG, Motomom34, Asia-Off-Grid and 2 others like this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Water Bobs are great, especially for apartments or anywhere you can't store a tank or IBC tote. Hope you guys are safe, but now that you have done Earth (volcanoes), and with Wind on the way, I hope you don't have to deal with Fire (except on your turntable)

Gator 45/70, Hanzo and sec_monkey like this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Water coming with the wind.

10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Be safe....

11. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

make sure to take an extra step after filling your WaterBob >>>> protect it against any blown or falling home structure - put a dismounted door on top of the tub or a mattress - sheet of plywood ect ect ....

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

A full bag of 100 gallons is a mite heavy, like (in crude numbers) 800 pounds. Do, by all means, make sure your structure is up to it, added to storm loads. Be careful out there.

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Good luck and keep the family safe!

14. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo for all your well wishes.

15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Who knows what Lane may do but I am thinking of you all. You will be going thru this storm with your new pup in your new home. Hopefully the monkeys can keep the puppy calm. Please stay safe and I will say a prayer for you all.

GOG, Hanzo, sec_monkey and 3 others like this.
  16. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo @Motomom34.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  17. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

a problem that's more ignored with the 55 gallon blue drums - if the bathtub was properly installed the floor joists & blocking will be engineered for a full tub of water >>>> however people fill the barrels to 450lbs for a square footage that was only engineered for 300 human body weight factor ....

Gator 45/70, Hanzo, oldawg and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7