Well, decided it was time for a "spring" tune up of my outboard motor (Johnson seahorse QD-20 10 hp). Pulled it out, got the lower unit in water, primed it, pulled, and pulled, and pulled, primed some more, pulled. Nothing. Took the cover off the motor, and looked at the carb. The carb has a glass bowl on the bottom to see the gas, it was filled with a clear, thick, gooey liquid. DRAT!!! I knew the carb needed to get rebuilt, so this just sped up that process. Ordered a rebuild kit and a new gasket for the gas can. The only way I can get all the "gunk" out of the can is to pull the primer housing off, I'm thinking that's going to ruin the gasket that's there now. I found out that the magneto/points also have a tendancy to go belly up on this motor so I've ordered another set. Oh how FUN!! Oh well, the joy of inheriting a boat motor that was made in 1959!!