Waterboarding Demo., This guy said 15 seconds no problem

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by jasonl6, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Agreed it is torture and in a time of war the enemy don't and should not be given the right's that American citizens have. If the torture of a hundred enemies saves the life of one US Grunt on the ground is worth it the act. I was reading some where that in Germany during WWII the Germans had soldier's who done nothing but trained in the art of torture and thats all they did. Today most other countries has soldier's who do nothing buut train and work on new ways to torture

STANGF150 likes this.
  2. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

The kind of interrogation I am talking about happens WROL is no longer in effect. My family and friends are all that matters in that scenario. Hurting or attempting to hurt or take from them means war. I subscribe to a true view of war. No limiting rules of engagement

STANGF150, Alpha Dog and tacmotusn like this.
  3. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I didn't sign a treaty with anyone and when the law is gone and supplies are short if anyone steps across my imaginary line ,just remember we climbed out of the trees with the rest of the animals and only the strong ones are the ones that got to keep their families !!

4. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

So if .gov says it will save someones life it's ok???? That sir is alot of trust you put in .gov to do the right thing and not step over the line. We must see .gov for who they are. We have went from we the people, with our government protecting life, liberty, and the persute of happiness, to .gov being the very enemy we need to be protected from.

BWM

5. Alpha Dog

No maybe I should have worded it different I don't trust the Goverment to turn off a light switch. Im saying if you have a Grunt out that comes across the enemy and he needs to use a tactic to get info from the enemy Im saying what ever it takes to save our guy's. In my opinon The terimation of that whole country is worth it to save the life of one US Grunt. We are at war and there shold be no rules to restrict our guy's from winning that war. Because other countries doesn't follow the rules and when SHTF I will be my own Goverment and I will use what ever meens to protect whats mine.

Dogfood likes this.
  6. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

That I agree with, but what happens if .gov turns the millitary againist us??? I would hope that most would tell their commanders to pack sand, but sometimes I wounder if enough would.

BWM

Alpha Dog likes this.
  7. Alpha Dog

I agree scary thought because Im sure the soldier's would fear court martial or even being shot. Then if they had families they would feel that if they didn't do what was ordered their family members would be set out of the goverment safe zone. Just alot of unknown ground that we can only hope for the best.

dragonfly likes this.
  8. flyboy207

flyboy207 Monkey+

I am a retired disabled vet. having served my country for over 20 years....I do not think that waterboarding is torture.....and I believe that 90% of the military WILL NOT be turned against us even if they were ordered to.....but then again you have the other 10% and there is no telling what they would do.

9. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Actually, a recent survey of enlisted men and officers show that fully 48% would follow any order given and detain or fire on Americans if they were told to. A majority of those are in the Marine Corps.

It is the newest generation of Military personnel. They have grown up in a country at war. Remember we have been at "war" for over 10 years running. Additionally, with the MSM, the hype about domestic terror, and the newest legislation, these misguided fools think it is their job to protect and defend the United States and enforce law of the land.

They do not understand the difference between a lawful order (one that follows the dictates of the Constitution) and an order in line with the law (a totally different beast altogether). It is a matter of indoctrination. When we (the majority of vets on this site) served, it was during or right after the Cold War. We were trained differently. We were even educated differently. Our mindset was 180 degrees from the mindset of current troops.

I will say that a "survey" being what it is, is a small selection of people asked specific questions. I am more in line with perhaps 70% of all military not firing upon or detaining Americans if ordered to do so.

Caveat - those who do not are potentially placing themselves in a very difficult position. Especially if they are themselves detained, or otherwise punished, under the UCMJ. Remember refusal to follow a direct, "lawful" order in a "time of war" can result in as one CPO put it to me "immediate and forceful" punishment. His exact words were, "The OOD can pull his firearm and put a bullet in your head. There will be few, if any, questions asked."

YMMV. As always, these are my opinions.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7