Way off topic: Seeing back in time.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, Sep 10, 2006.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[​IMG]

:unsure:

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:cool:I understand the bunny part.:D

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

See??

I knew we were Sisters, seperated at birth! :D

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Aha - that makes sense to me. I was thinking in terms of the light traveling from the distant's future to our present - not from our present to the distant's past. Your patience with me is appreciated and thanks to Blackjack for bringing up a most interesting discussion.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I see we need a lightbulb smilie --. If I can explain it, it has to be simple. Truth be told, I actually had to think a while to come up with that. It has been quite a while since thinking was on my mind :lol:

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

Yes, you would see the "Old" images of what was...

Couldn't you have picked a better example than Rosie O'Donnell?! LOL! Ric

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

A pretty basic example most of us have likely experienced is with sound. Light traveles faster than sound so you see things we will say instantly. Think of if you have ever been 100-200 yars off and seen someone hammering something. You see the hammer strike and start to raise then you hear the past. You hear the hammer hit even though it is already begining to raise again. Light just take MUCH greater distances to give this effect.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7