We can keep the Conspiracy theory talk here

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by melbo, Aug 12, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Thought we needed a place to talk about the darker side of things without having to debate in General with nay-sayers. If they don't want to see the truth, they can play in GD, we can play here.

[​IMG]

2. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Our new Mascot:
    logo_102.

3. melbo

TFHL is the Conspiracy Clubhouse.
    Please don't pee in the pool :D

thanks
    management
    [afro]

4. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

But what is the truth.
    Even the concept of the truth existing is an illusion. Only by actually observing something, primary data, can anyone say, "I think this is the truth".
    Anytime you have a story related to you, you aren't getting the straight story. You will get that person's version of what he thinks he saw, with additions and deletions, his selective retention.

I believe to be able to make any informed decisions, you have to filter out a lot of BS from either side of a discussion. Like a shot group, or reloading data, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I like the conspiracy theories, I think my Dad read every Kennedy assasination book ever written. I just happen to believe the WTC fell from the heat of the JP4 burning, and the Great Depression was caused by ignorance and incompetent politicians, not by design.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Ghostrider, there are people who do not want to know the truth and people who do know and wish that they didn't.

You are unfortunately the former. But I don't fault you for that. I was once like you.

6. melbo

You are Correct GR. THe Truth is Subjective unless it is Math or Physics

My point was based on the assumption that if 2 or more people believe that Kennedy was taken out by the CIA, It is their "Truth" and they should be free to believe that and discuss that "Fact".

I created this Forum that is not visible to members unless they ask to Come in so as not to clutter up the rest of the Board with CT. I know that "we", much like Mulder and Scully, are in the minority here.

I like to read alternative news because it does sometimes bring things out that are well documented, yet un-reported in the mainstream press. I do use a pretty Heavy bullshit filter as I sift through most of it. Sometimes I read something that makes me go off and do my own research. Sometimes I hit something, soetimes I dont.

I think that when we apply the "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" rule, It should go both ways. I don't think we need to even debate that the Major Mass Media is biased. I also believe that some of the Powers that be are powerfull enough to have some sway into what gets reported and what doesn't. I like to read both sides and come to my own conclusions.

My Father used to say that there are three sides to every story, WHat A said, What B said and What really happened. I listen to a bit of Shortwave radio whenever something large is going on. Interesting how different worldwide reports are from our own at times.

Misinformation is not a Conspiracy, If my truth is mine then the guy writing the truth in a story is his. What really happened lies mewhere slightly beneath the surface. Will we really ever find out what happened to Natalie Holloway?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7