We choose the nominee, not the voters: Senior GOP official

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Motomom34, Mar 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

"Democracy Spring...“The American people deserve free and fair elections, not billionaire auctions.”-(Group is funded by billionaire Soros)"
    Actually, this is a brilliant move on their part, completely turns the tables, basically using the opposition's rally cry (ours) against them (us). And, what dumb and ultra university liberal could resist this? None. And, that is who they will use the most. And, they probably throw in a free bag lunch! I am sure it is not only Soros (I really don't like that guy) funding this.

Frankly, it is the only way to stop Trump and basically stop the people who support him. So, a few thousand university-change-the-world students get thrown in jail - big deal. The more I think of it the more I see its brilliance...I hope it is just someone blowing smoke... I hope Trump has some smart people on his side because if this really happens then it's a big problem.

I suppose the way to counter it is to organized a million man march on Washington DC. A presence so huge that it cannot be ignore...

As far as the Republican party doing something as stupid as choosing over the voters who they want in the election... I doubt it. First, it would be the end of the Republican party. Second, they would lose the election anyway. No, they are better trying to disrupt the Trump campaign and let HC win it. They keep power and they get another crack at it in 8 years.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Maybe Trump IS the Manchurian Candidate for Hilary....:eek:

3. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

My husband was offered a position in Australia and one of the reasons we ultimately turned it down was we weren't sure we could re-program the kids to understand that every animal is trying to kill you there. Don't touch anything...assume it's poisonous...stay out of the dirt.

Taku, 3M-TA3, Tikka and 2 others like this.
  4. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I for one am very proud that my ancestors arrived on our shores on board a prison ship.. That ancestor paid back the Brit's by commanding a ship during the revolution..

Seepalaces, 3M-TA3, GOG and 3 others like this.
  5. chelloveck

The propaganda seems to be working...... ;) I think more people a killed by domesticated animals here than wild critters. lol

Seepalaces likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My son and I were talking politics, protests and goofballs protesting billionaires, funded by a billionaire. He got it and he can't even drive. He told me they had been discussing the election in his American Government class.According to Jr. the main discussion was that if Trump was elected that he would be assassinated so at this point only the VP choice matters.

Yes, if assassinated the VP does matter but I do wonder if the children came up with this on their own or what are they hearing at home? I feel like I am going to have to call the teacher just to get clarification on that discussion.

Seepalaces, 3M-TA3, GOG and 5 others like this.
  7. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I was born and raised in Cleveland and currently live about 60 miles south. Burn, baby, burn, let the mufferpucker burn.

Seepalaces likes this.
  8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Revolt!

Seepalaces likes this.
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Sounds like some very astute children. But, like you I doubt they came up with this on their own. Amazing they can understand politics at such an early age. Out of curiously, what is their age group? It is a very valid point however...the VP pick will be critical for many different reasons this election.

On another note, Trump has to win 50% of the rest of the primaries to get enough delegates which is very doable so I am not sure I understand all the hoopla at this point of the GOP picking their own candidate.

A funny side note... So, I sat my wife down and explained to her what was going on in the elections and how the GOP was in a panic an threating to not listen to the voters, how the Democratic candidate was a the biggest piece of corruption in Wash DC, how the establishment is going to sponsor many demonstrations to basically stop the free election process... It took some time but she finally got it. She turned to me and said, "It sounds exactly like back home."

I was stunned for a moment until I thought it through. She is right. She comes from a third-world country with a population of ~5 million and a GDP of maybe $2 Billion on a good year. It is a Democracy...sort of - meaning - people vote but it doesn't mean a damn thing. Politics there is brutal and it is not uncommon that even sitting parliament members will murder each other. The #1 slot in the country, the President, is normally held by the strongest dog and his allies but those allies never stay the entire term so corruption, blackmail, and murder are the words of the day. It is all about power and money but what is different is they don't care what the people think or say and they don't even try to hide it.

Yes, what is happening here sounds very much the same but on a larger scale... I did not realize we had fallen so far until today...I'm still stunned.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2016
  10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Their power and their income.

To be blunt, I'm only stunned because one of them actually admitted it.

Seepalaces and Bandit99 like this.
  11. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

ROFL, you haven't met my domesticated animals...ok, somewhat domesticated...

12. chelloveck

Ahem...the conservative, church supported, fascist right are also known to exterminate people that they don't like....with just as much enthusiasm. Chile under Pinochet, Spain under Franco, Italy under Mussolini, Portugal under Salazar, And Argentina under the military Junta and also under the Perons ; Cuba under Batista, etc etc Various right wing authoritarian dictatorships around the world have been supported either tacitly or explicitly, over the decades to help secure American interests. Right wing dictatorships generally have tended to use mailed fists rather than velvet gloves when stifling dissent, wherever it comes from.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I dare say that technique is not restricted to the right wing types. Think Deng, Stalin, and ol' what'sizname in Cambodia.

14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

You're assigning Religion to fascists, dictators etc. who lacked Religion.. The Left has brought us purges; mass executions, killing fields and more. The Left uses velvet gloves?

You spin so much; do you get dizzy?;)

Yard Dart and ghrit like this.
  15. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@Taku
    It might be a move of your mouse more than anything else. As I "speak" *nix I used to admin a very large gun site until ~2007.As I disliked the owner's ethics; I went poof and vanished. The web is filled with sites I enjoy.
    There were ways of making a user account very slow. The nick name was "miserable mode" However, I am unfamiliar with what you described. No, I don't have the inclination to read the latest UBB manual.
    This site is very "clean" as the admins do not even allow tracking cookies to be set. About 99% of the sites online that you, me, or anyone visits allow tracking cookies to be set. This site sets zero.
    I can go poof in a heartbeat and don't let anyone kid themselves; I notice everything.

PS: I lack the time to B$ you or anyone else.

Taku and chelloveck like this.
  16. chelloveck

Pol Pot....

I am not saying that Right wing conservative dictatorships are the exclusive proponents of the use of tyrannica,l abuse of force....I was replying to the following assertions by Taku.

I am pointing out that the extremes of both ends of the spectrum, and "right" tend to stifle dissent with a bullet, or a trip to a concentration camp, gulag, or re-education camp, not just the Left, as Taku would have it. Mr T seems to be quite oblivious to this historical fact; or knows it, but chooses to ignore it.

In pointing out that the extreme conservative right can be as ruthless and dangerous to personal freedom and liberty, I am not simply making a tu coque argument in favour of "the left", over "the right", but consider that authoritarianism is just as odious from "the right" as it is from "the left".

You have evidently not comprehended what I wrote, or you are just twisting what I wrote to make a convenient straw man to knock down. All of the examples that I cited (Franco, Mussolini, Peron, The Argentine Junta, Pinochet, Salazar, and so forth, were strongly supported by the conservative leadership of various Churches and religious clerics.. (The mainly Catholic Church, though dictators such as the Greek dictator, Metaxas and the Greek Military Junta were strongly supported by the Greek Orthodox Church, and Putin is presently strongly supported by the Russian Orthodox Church) I said nothing about religious support in favour of leftist dictatorships, though that too does bear discussing further.

Stalin, that right wing conservative poster boy of religious repression, was at heart, a pragmatist. Although he was distrustful of religions and churches as natural loci for resistance and subversion to, and of his rule, he saw the value of harnessing religious sentiment in ensuring the survival of his regime during the grim, desperate months and years of WWII. Stalin relaxed control over public religious observance, and the Russian Orthodox Church experienced something of a mini revival.....until Krushchev's time as the head of the Soviet Politburo, when the screws on the Russian Orthodox Church and religion generally were re-applied.

As far as I am aware, officially the Soviets had a State authorised Russian Orthodox Church, with a (tame, subservient) State appointed Russian Orthodox patriarch....just that it was a client Church, approved by the State, and subordinate to the State's decrees...not God's.

So says the monkey with his feet planted on a spinning earth, looking at a stationary sky....no, I am not the one who is dizzy, but I can strongly recommend Prochlorperazine if you are experiencing vertigo....but take only as prescribed by your GP. ;)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  17. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@chelloveck
    I read what you wrote. To a modern Christian, killing people is abhorrent. If you don't get that it; then that is fine with me and shame on you. Unless or until you try to sell me to it. The reality of today is so different than the past.
    No I don't need Prochlorperazine or any other drug to keep my feet on the ground. Odd that it seems those who need help the most recommend it to others to use what they need themselves, isn't it? Then again, not that it would help, huh..

I apologize if my answer seems to lack focus. I am eating potato chips and the Pitts are bopping my chair to get me to share.

My point is, I assumed your retort would be better; astonishingly. you failed and rather miserably. However, same as all those on the left; you'll say but it will work the next time.

Ta, ta..

1. Thunder5Ranch
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Bandit99
  4. Yard Dart
  5. UncleMorgan
  6. Legion489
  7. 3M-TA3
  8. Tempstar
  9. Bandit99
  10. AD1
  11. chelloveck