We kind of sell guns,sign of the times.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Big Ron, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I noticed this trend where stores sell guns. But don't try too hard. CalRanch, There's very little info out there on what is for sale. The store has small price tags and their website has nothing.
    Wallmart, Nothing online. At the store your lucky if anyone is at the sporting goods counter. The rifles seem fewer and they cant answer much. I was at WM today and after ringing a bell someone showed up that knew nothing about guns. I asked if they still sold lever action 30-30,s and he looked at the shotguns. Finally, he looked it up on the computer and they had one. I was tempted to buy it. But not looking at it and it is in the back somewhere? I noticed a letter taped to the counter about only selling AR Rifles to Alaska. Interesting.

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  2. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Yeah they quietly pulled all AR's a while back. I think it was after Sandy Hook.

Rancher

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Our WallyWorld in town, folded up, BEFORE all this hoopla about semiAuto Black Guns (Weapons of War) BS... There are three or four good Independent Gun Shops to choose from for those folks... Me, I buy all mine wholesale, from the Distributers... I have a ruger LCP .380ACP that has been paid for but the fellow hasn't come by to pick it up, yet been three months,and counting...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. ochit

ochit Monkey+

All I can say is the world is a different place I do not know how people are going to gain entry level experience or knowledge if they need it. Some of the counter people even in gun shops do not have a broad knowledge of the different firearms some do not know quality brands and models from shineola. it takes time to learn ballistics get experience with the guns available it's harder to find people that know about reloading. I have seen some range officers that barley qualify and channel that boot camp sergeant routine a bit far.

On the Internet people go crazy if they perceive a safety issue I notice that youtubers go overboard to show the firearm is unloaded and in the comments there is always some troll wannbe gun guru making r comments. I don't see the need to get anal if they shoot up their basement or themselves I get a good laugh out of it. I really like the one where the quick draw guy shot himself .

I think retailers are for people with prior knowledge looking for a deal for those that need or want more content a gun-shop but some things you hear in a shop are not always a good full or the only answer.Many times it is parroting hearsay. Just because someone was in the military or a police officer does not make them an encyclopedia or Mr. experience of all things hunting and shooting.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have out grown the hardware they sell at walmart.

ochit and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Wal-Mart is just being Dicks

ochit likes this.
  7. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Is this a play on words as in "Dicks" sporting goods ?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I figure it will get worse. A sign of the times. Half the country is about freaked about people owning guns. I read about a Democrat in Illinois asking for licensing and registration. I read stuff like cars need to be licensed and insured. So why not guns. I remember my Canadian relatives needing a gun safe and it all reminds me of reading about people living on the east coast. Many laws and rules.
    I am just making this conversation to show what I think is coming.

ochit and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Since a lot of "stolen guns" end up in the criminal underworld requiring people who own more than 1 or 2 guns to have a safe might not be a bad idea.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yup!

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Not a bad ideal, Requiring people to shoot them on the spot is a better idea!

JLRhiner and ochit like this.
  12. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Possession of a stolen gun and a felony record much less if they used it, how about a firing squad no blind fold and no last requests kick them in the gonads and load, ready, fire, I would do a pay per view for that. I liked the French way if you were considered a deserter or for treason they would sit you in a chair with your face to the wall and shoot you in the back because you were not honorable enough to be shot like a man, standing up for what you believed in.

Homer Simpson and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They have to allow a certain amount of crime so the government is needed.

Homer Simpson, ochit and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

However the real criminals work for the government!

Homer Simpson, Gator 45/70 and ochit like this.
  15. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

At the gunshop I work at, we don't "push" sales. Guns sell themselves. Usually it's the price that sells the gun, or what's the "cool" gun to have this month. We ask the customer what they are looking for, hunting, self protection, concealed carry, etc.., and we point them in the right direction. I usually as if there is a preference in make (Colt, S&W, Glock,ect.), caliber, style (revolver, semi, single or double action, etc..) and most importantly price. I can't say enough that a cheap price will sell even the most POS guns out there.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7