We need God in America Again

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by tacmotusn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

@Airtime

2. Mindgrinder

Why be "humble"? You got God given skills, let loose a prayer or a song to fight evil!!!!

HUZZAH!

Sapper John and Gopherman like this.
  3. Mindgrinder

If I may....

Love u @Gopherman man...purely hettro.
    *smirk*

Motomom34 and Gopherman like this.
  4. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Whats really funny about that video is thats the very first song I ever received and My wife really didn't like it as well as a lot of the others, however, it is one of the most requested songs we do!

Mindgrinder likes this.
  5. Gopherman

This is the Most anointed song I have ever heard and I would like to share this with all My Brothers and Sisters in the Tree!

Mindgrinder and Sapper John like this.
  6. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

For sure we know who wins in the end and I pray we all will be standing side by side in the end with all those we love and care for.

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

@Mindgrinder Thanks for assist, man. Better than I would have done. And that was a great prayer. AMEN. =)
    @-06 Chill out. Get to know me a little. And chill out.
    @Motomom34 I don't think you can trump Grinder, but it is very kind. I won't knock the JC, and any help is better than no help IMO.

Tracy, 3M-TA3, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  8. Mindgrinder

That's how i roll...One God...one speed...one gear........GO!

Ganado, Motomom34 and Gopherman like this.
  9. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Amen !!! I think history will show us that once we started taking GOD out of our Government, schools and public that things in this country have gone down hill. The rise of Secular humanism has much to do with how it happened. Even Jefferson believed in a creator so he was not one to push Humanism. Humanism takes things too far to the left. So it is my contention that by removing God from our lives we lose his protection and that is why we have fallen.

10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I never removed God from my life. I just render unto Cesar what is his. I'm sorry you surrendered God.

Gopherman and chelloveck like this.
  11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I am not so certain. I think it has to do more with simple economics and ignorance than anything to do with which God people choose to believe in or not, or how much "God" exists in society. In fact, if anything else, the exact opposite of what you stated may be more of a cause for what has been ailing this country. The fervent religious support for right wing conservatism promoted by the 700 Club Christians ushered in not one, but two (and perhaps even a third) Bush presidencies, signifying that even good religious people can become pawns for control. I do not see an absence of God, but the widespread use of radical ideology framed upon the religious convictions of a people who have lost their way. I will concede, it appears as though the changes made in recent history with taking the Ten Commandments out of schools and the Liberal agenda itself may at times promote the alteration of traditional policy -but at every election cycle, the pattern revolves around "returning to God" with the Conservatives. If you cannot see the genius in this pattern and the control it grants the politicians, then please ignore my entire argument and continue as you were. Chances are, most religious people will keep on doing as they always have regardless of what I say.

As a final note, I will say that I deeply admire many of the Christian values and beliefs. However, I will not support blind faith which is desperate to perpetually maintain control of political agendas. There's very good reason we should try to maintain separation between church and state, as religion should remain a personal liberty and right, not a political agenda. Too many people today seem to think government exists to promote their chosen religion. I say, your God exists to remind you how little government you really need.

12. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I did say God not the 700 club. Even Christ taught separation of church and state however this country was founded on a set of principles and those have been shall we say tarnished.

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Tarnished is putting it VERY Mildly..... More like coated with LampBlack and then Baked for a couple of years..... No Shine left...

14. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

I don't care if non- believers post. Their opinions might make sense to them but they don't have any bearing on spiritual matters. They are just clutter. There is not much debate among Bible believers that we are approaching the period in time referred to the tribulation. This country was founded for religious freedom and the record shows as primarily a Christian nation. There is no question that our society has become much more secular and as evidenced on most Christian forums or topics like this, Christianity and God are widely opposed in our society.
    We have been warned by books like the Harbinger, and leaders like Billy Graham and many more that our country as a whole needs to repent and turn to God. This has happened in the past. One can't be certain but perhaps the country may be spared the worst of what is on the way if we repent as a nation. Some like Brother Stanley say we are already far past the turning point. I hold slim hopes but we will see.
    Of course to an non believer or what ever you call them, non of this has meaning since they reject God and his word. They just enter the discussion to be naysayers to God. Clutter. We care about them and hope they too repent and come to Jesus. I did.

john316, Gopherman and BTPost like this.
  15. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Some well stated posts gentlemen. To me when we say the country has turned away from God does not mean religion in law . Religion has never made law in this country as far as I am aware of. We did however have prayer in schools and the 10 commandments in our houses of law. I see this as guidance to make good decisions not the church making laws. However the Secular side has gone too far in replacing gods words with political correctness and humanism. Even forcing children to accept Darwin's stupid theory of evolution. We believe in the end times all religions will be persecuted by the Anti Christ. Heck, we dont even say the pledge of Allegiance in school;s anymore. I see this, as the people in this country turn away from God the people get more violent and more stingy. Crime has risen and children are now raised wrong in my opinion. Corporal punishment taken from schools and the list goes on. I see the lack of respect in todays youth far and above anything we ever had before. This in my opinion due to lack of God in our people.

BTPost, Cruisin Sloth and Mindgrinder like this.
  16. Gopherman

If anyone has Netflix there is a movie called "Rumors of War". If you want to see an accurate depiction of whats coming and how its going to get there, check it out!

Motomom34 likes this.
  17. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

What a horror.....I mean, the acting, direction, and production values....it makes the 'Left Behind' series of films compelling viewing....even for a jaded atheist such as myself. [reddevil]

Motomom34 likes this.
  18. Gopherman

I never said it was a 5 star film, But If you watched it all the way through ? you would see what I meant!
    Starts out in a college classroom with a guy telling everyone there it was time for mandatory RFID chipping for students and staff and goes downhill from there! You are right about the production value but that has nothing to do with accurate content, as a hardcore Atheist I would not expect you to understand! and frankly I don't care whether you do or not.
    This film is more accurate than left behind because the mystical Rapture does not happen! The great taking away actually happens at the very end of the Tribulation after all the seals and trumpets have been blown!

Motomom34 likes this.
  19. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It seems that the bronze/iron age authors of the Old and New Testaments were more knowledgable about the 21st Century technology of RFID systems than I gave them credit for. But give me a break....is the devilishly clever bull's horn disguise (Devil's Horns analogogue) the best that Satan could manage for the symbol of the Antichrist's covert New World Order?? (Satan being the great deceiver after all). In principle, the mechanisms of population control of the 3rd Reich were little different, to the Rumors of war scenario, just that yellow Stars of David, Paper Identy Cards,and IBM punched card systems are just a wee more inefficient and cumbersome.
    I think I can safely lay a bet that RFID technology will become obsolete long before the Four Horsemen of the Apocaplypse are likely to come rampaging around this third rock from the Sun (If they ever make an appearance at all, more than as novelties at 23rd century Halloween parties. As to accurate content...it doesn't do to shoehorn only future possible scenarios that comport with evangelistic Christian end time beliefs. Technology and forms of population control will undoubtedly change...but Christians, if there be any around holding to the faith, will probably be clinging to the same fears, anxieties and victimology in the 23rd Century (or later) as the do now, and as they have done in the past.
    I understand the gold foil, tinsell and glitter that the producers and screen writers of this film have tried to envelope their film with, but quite realistically, it's as much a prime example of fantasy fiction as The Golden Compass or the Chronicles of Narnia....just that it is kind of staged as a dystopian apocalyptic adventure thriller with bad guys dressed in repurposed Star Wars Death Star uniforms, and the good guys looking strikingly similar to the cast and crew of Duck Dynasty...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    Brokor likes this.
  20. Mindgrinder

Heathen.
    :p
    Did u watch the OP video?
    Suspect not.

Motomom34 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7