We need God in America Again

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by tacmotusn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Be certain....America NEEDS a miracle.

Do you get it?
    Asking for it from your Father/Creator aint nothing but putting up and speaking some positive vibes. Costs you nothin' - pays Spiritual Dividends.

Try it Hoser.

Sapper John, Gopherman and Motomom34 like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

1. Being that the song's lyrics and the girl's performance are primarily targeting fellow believers...and not infidels; the F&R religion forum is probably the best place for it....though, the Inferno and the Humour, Games, Jokes and Diversions Forum would also be strong contenders ;)

2. I think that in this respect, you are partially right, and partially wrong. In deference to your desire not to have non believers to comment on the OP, I will explain my reasons for saying so in a seperate post in a seperate thread.

3. I did, and I thank you for posting this fine example of Christian evangelism. The historical claims that it makes are simply remarkable!

4. Far be it for me to speak at length as to why I do not believe as you and others do...I would hate to diminish the lustre of the song and its performer that you, and others seem so impressed by, with a replay of my deconversion from Christianity. I doubt that there'd be enough tissues to sop up the rivers of tears (of tragedy or laughter) that it might evoke.

1. The term Heathern is so, out of style...but, I take it as a tic prod, and don't take umbrage at it. Just to bring you up to date, with a more modern usage... Urban Dictionary: Heathen

but on the other hand....I am happy to assume the sobriquet.

[​IMG]

2. Yes.

3. You were wrong....watched Karis Peters' performance, and Carman's performance, as well as reading the lyrics written by Carman and Omartian thoroughly.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    saltbush and Ganado like this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I'm not taking the bait. ;)

Tracy, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  4. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

This video will take you through Obamacare Doc. Step By step and show you where it is that requires all Americans will have to take this Chip!!! There are already Commercials trying to sell it to the Sheep!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  5. Gopherman

The roll out went so horribly wrong, they had to delay it until they get the whole thing etched in stone, then watch what happens!
    repurposed Star Wars Death Star uniforms
    We have passed the tipping point,Right is wrong and wrong is right!
    You mean Like these?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Well if one of you computer genius's can come up with a fake signal for that chip you will make mint

chelloveck and Gopherman like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Not on ObamaCare, around here.... So NO chip for this Child....

8. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

[angel]

saltbush, Gopherman, Brokor and 3 others like this.
  9. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

Well Gopherman, made me think of Jessie Helm and those funny arm patches they are giving the police.

10. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Major face palm. This thread has been assimilated into the collective. Resistance is futile. :)

Gopherman and BTPost like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Oh Man....

You should know by now that starting a thread is like lighting the blue touch paper on a soviet designed unguided missile. You never know where it will end up, or whether it will even lift off the launch pad...or indeed, explode prematurely in a self destructive shower of shrapnel, toxic fumes and flames! :eek:

oldawg, Brokor and Yard Dart like this.
  12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

At least you guys are keeping it civil (especially you Chello). I like this. :)

OH COME ON! I thought the Golden Compass was an excellent movie, albeit fictitious and silly. But, Star Wars? Thems fightin' words, man. ;)

Ganado and Gopherman like this.
  13. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

As far as the church goes? I do believe it is and has been compromised in a bad way. I am not a member of any Church right now but I do believe the Words of my Lord Jesus. My relationship with God is my own personal one. There is one Pastor I know is a good man who does not seek my money or my works. He cares only that I know Gods love. I trust him. But today we see so many doctrines and changes that I'm sure much of it is false witness. I have seen people pretending to speak in tongues. I have seen the real deal with prayer in tongues with interpretation. The difference is almost laughable. I walked out of that church ful of frauds so fast I turned every head in the place.

14. Gopherman

We are pretty much all in the same boat, like refugee's, we get in for different reasons, but at the end of the day, when we reach the shore we will have to work together, despite our differences or perish!

15. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

The Duck Dynasty guys are the good guys. It sure doesn't hurt to speculate, and keep an eye out for what we know is coming, but it seems many fulfillments of prophecy come in surprising ways and sometimes in such everyday ways that unless you are quickened by the Spirit you will not notice.
    That is why signs of the times that are obvious to believers are not noticed or understood by others. I had to surpress the word heathen and did not use it. I am not sure why we can't call heathens, heathens.
    I mean that in a good way of course.

Kingfish likes this.
  16. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

NOBODY disses the Holy Trilogy!

Ganado, chelloveck and Brokor like this.
  17. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I have long said that the biggest problem with religion is "church". While it seems that today the two go hand in hand, organized religion is the single most destructive thing to come from the word of God.

chelloveck, kellory, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  18. Underdog29

Underdog29 Monkey

How can you tell the word of God has been compromised? Drive through any small town or village in America and count the churches.
    When in a village of 500 people there are 5 or more churches of different denominations someone has molded and shaped the word of God to fit their worldly needs.

Ganado and Gopherman like this.
  19. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

How can you tell the word of God has been compromised? Drive through any small town or village in America and count the churches.
    When in a village of 500 people there are 5 or more churches of different denominations someone has molded and shaped the word of God to fit their worldly needs.

Yes Underdog29 , I see this multi doctrine thing as one of the biggest problems in Christianity. Molded to fit their beliefs instead of conforming to what was written and taught by Christ.

Underdog29 likes this.
  20. Underdog29

Underdog29 Monkey

And where does that come from in the New Testament? Jesus never said go forth and shove the word down everyone's throat with a sword if you need to and destroy everything in your path if they don't accept you authority. He said go forth unto the world and preach the gospel. His only violent act was turning over the tables of the money changers who were prostituting the religion in the temple. As has been said by many on here it's not Christianity that's the problem it's man and their need to seize power by any means. Jesus helped every sort of person lepers, tax collectors, eunuchs, non believers, many of who were hated. but he helped who ever came to him, and asked. He even asked for forgiveness for his tormentors when he was on the cross. How man could have messed this message of love up so bad is beyond me.

Ganado, NotSoSneaky and chelloveck like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7