We need something fun to do...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tracy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

Don't feel bad other then the one I quoted I have Child psychology copy right 1947, Amish life, Mutant message down under and loving hands the traditional art of baby massage. I am not studying the history of child psychology, I am not Amish, I an not an Aborigines and I do not have a baby. This thread just goes to show you that we are more then just the sum of our preps.

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

What would you name an Amish-Aborigine baby?????
    what's the "gist" ( er...story behind mutant message down under? I've heard of it (on coast to coast A.M.?)but never seen a copy)

3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

One or more of theses wads were used over the powder charge.

4. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

Good book I have two copies one is a paper back that I dropped in the bath but it still readable, the other is a hard back. A lady went down there to work in health care and ended up getting invited to go walk-a-bout so she did.

5. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Dennis Prager.... "Happiness is a Serious Problem".

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

"Common Sense Economics" - Gwartney
    Actually a very good book. I highly recommend it. The book gives many examples of why a free economy, untouched by meddling Gov. hands is not only better for the country, but for the world as well. It is not a long book, just 194 pages but a very good read. Too bad obama has obviously never read it.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Alrighty then: Looks like there isn't much chance of anyone figuring out some of these random quotes, so maybe we should close the loop every couple of days so that others can read the same books?

"Imagine about 10,000 No. 10 fish hooks sticking out of an egg and you have it."
    From "The Marksmanship Primer" by Jim Casada. Palladium Press. Copyright 2004. Pretty good read, contains up to date info on marksmanship skills.

And a new one -
    "With the large state versus small state controversy resolved by this compromise, the convention named a committee to draft a constitution. Then the convention adjourned for eleven days, and General Washington went fishing." (Actually the sixth and seventh sentences.)

8. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

"Freedom from corruption, greed, arrogance, and, most of all, freedom from those who put their careers above their country."

Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against An Out-Of-Control Government, Inspired By Thomas Paine

Long title, short book, 167 pages. I have barely started it so can't give any review.

9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

It's too warm to snow and too cold to be pleasant.

10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

no bites so here is the 4th 5th and 6th.

Washington, D.C., in winter is a miserable place.

The wet, chilly wind that blows most days cuts like a knife.

11. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

So now I have to be cognizant of what I am reading, who knows when I may be called to the front of the class to recite line Z on page xx??
    " Dear penthouse this has never happened to me before; a sexy middle aged woman with a protected "blue" wallaby on a chain moved in to the apartment below.She asked me to help her fix her t.v."...; :)

12. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[LMAO]:lol: Lovin' it![winkthumb]

Uncle Remus, His Songs and His Sayings. :)

13. Tracy

Happy book or pessimistic-realism book?

:lol: @ T3. Everyone has to eat.

14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Maybe I am not well read enough, or, we in no way read many of the same things. For me, it is mostly best selling fiction or how to type books that aid me in day to day life or prepping. I have no idea about any of the rest of your books. At least not from one sentence. So, since I still haven't got a nibble on mine, I will expand it further to page 56 sentences 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. This really should put someone on the right track.

Betting against Jack Grafton was a sure way to lose money.

Washington D.C. in winter is a miserable place.

The wet chilly wind that blows most days cuts like a knife.

I trudged along beside Grafton after the guy driving the agency heap let us off on the Mall near the Washington Monument.

that's all folks ..... most anyone should be able to get it now. google will make it easy I think.

15. ghrit

There is NO time in Washington, DC that is pleasant, possibly excepting the Cherry Blossom Festival. Trust me on this, unless you are indoors year 'round, it's an awful place. (That accounts for the excessive humanity, bung wits on the streets, both in and out of cars as well as the weather.)

[boozingbuddies]

16. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

??Perhaps you've confused that book with this childrens' classic
    "Everyone poops!"[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][lolol][beer]

17. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Off the point .... lol .... come on ghrit, later tonight I am totally gonna give this one away. I would bet you have seen one of the movies with this character in it. Or read one of the authors many books. guess it !!!

18. ghrit

Reads like Le Carre. Just guessing.

19. Tracy

:lol: I guess I just focused on the first book in the series ;).

[LMAO]

20. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

an excellent guess, but alas, a wrong one. Anyone may feel free to google if they like. I certainly made it easier for that, but even then, it's not his latest novel or his best.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7