We will just use natural gas

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by oil pan 4, Sep 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Tully Mars, VisuTrac and mysterymet like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yep higher natural gas prices are here.
    Whole sale is up 140%, consumers are paying around 180% more compared to last year.
    I hope you stocked up.
    Aren't you glad we got read of rid of the bad orange man.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

13 year natural gas prices have been achieved.
    The big difference between today and 13 years ago is we get about twice as much electricity from natural gas now.

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Advagrid is trying to buy PNM here in new mexico.
    Advagrid buys out your public utility, then they double your power bill and cut the maintenance budget to save money.
    So if they buy PNM I'm going gas everything, gas range, gas furnace, some gas wall heaters, gas foundry and gas dryer which I already have.

Tully Mars, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Pretty much what we have, From the fireplace to the generator, All nat.gas

Tully Mars and SB21 like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'm to far out for Natgas . I'll just have to deal with what I have . Propane is definitely not an option either.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Why oh why do we have a shortage and price explosion of natural gas ----------------------Bidumb

The United States holds 322 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 4th in the world and accounting for about 5% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf. The United States has proven reserves equivalent to 11.9 times its annual consumption.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Now the increasing NG prices are pushing utilities to produce electricity with coal. I wonder how we’ll spin that.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. STGThndr

STGThndr Monkey+

Zho Bai-den will spin increasing coal use with a green "pollution tax" Plus increasing gas imports from red China...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Nat gas was considered a waste by-product for many years by oil company's and was routinely flared off...and still is.
    These company's are after the oil
    They can still flare for 24 hrs with no permit or get a permit for xx amount of days.
    You can't bring in a well with a head of gas sitting on top.

Tully Mars and oldawg like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

That was true, and may still be in some areas, before they came up with the process of liquefying natural gas so it can be shipped like oil. It used to be that it had to be sent through a pipeline and was mainly used in the immediate area or country it was produced in. When I was drilling wells in Saudi Arabia in the 90's they had no use for natural gas and you saw huge flares all over the desert. When I returned in 2010 they had converted a lot of thier electricity production to NG and they had built ports where tankers could load it and ship it anywhere in the world.
    I have spent the last 25 years of my career drilling gas wells.
    In Saudi the Gas Drilling Department had more than twice as many rigs as the Oil Drilling Dept.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

One would think that Australia, of all places on the whole planet would have wind and solar power like crazy but I guess they are not real bright.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They have nearly unlimited uranium, have the ability to enrich it but have no nuclear program.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

We are exporting it to europe to make up for germany’s self inflicted gas shortage. Screw the damn germans. We are destroying out industry and average americans will freeze this winter because of this bull shit.

16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have a coal furnace.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Can you still buy coal?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah I can still buy coal. But I get wood for free.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Yup built many flare stacks for sites in North Dakota. They started off burning all the NG they could/needed to. But like @Minuteman mentioned, by the time I left 7 years later they were shipping most of it out. Side note: Many of the locals used the sites that had an active flare going as a safe haven during blizzards or whiteouts if they were caught out on the road. One, you could see them through the blowing snow and two, they of course generated enough heat that you wouldn't freeze. Had to do that once myself actually.

mysterymet, Gator 45/70 and Minuteman like this.
  1. hot diggity
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Thunder5Ranch
  7. ColtCarbine
  8. Prepper12
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. DKR
  11. Coyote Ridge
  12. hitchcock4