Web Building Program Info. (aka: Tracy needs help again)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Tracy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Are there any open source web building programs out there that will read FrontPage extensions?

I can't find my FP product key (new machine install) and I need to update a site now. The old hard drive will let me access the pages, but not the program. :(

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

ouch. I'll keep looking

***** Microsoft Corp. has discontinued the FrontPage development in 2006 and this software is now completely outdated. That is why SiteGround servers are no longer compatible with FrontPage.*****

3. Tracy

:rolleyes: Dandy. Hold on...

The site is online. I should be able to import it to my computer with any site software, right? The extension thing is only a concern for uploading, right?

4. melbo

Not sure. If you have FTP access to that site you can download the whole thing to your PC. I know that FP extensions are needed to be added by the Host for FP created pages. HTML is HTML though so I don't see why it would matter. You need to have access to the files as well (/images, etc.

You need to edit a page though and I assume that to do that you do need some kind of WYSIWYG editor unless you are going to code it directly.

5. Tracy

:love:
    b::Woo-freakin'-Hoo!b::

Wait
    ...Or not...

Everything seemed to be cruising along with installation (and I was here celebrating) and now... it's gone.

6. Tracy

It's too late for my brain to think HTML-ly tonight. :) I was just going to update my resume (I just found another new job that closes tomorrow), so I need a point and click app tonight.

7. melbo

Tracy, I haven't played around with FP in so long I don't know what is equivalent or if FP compatibility is even necessary.

I'll keep looking

8. melbo

[ROFL]I use Word for my resume editing.

9. Tracy

I use WordPerfect, but FP to publish online.

I found FP!

Thanks; you've just opened up the door to a new opportunity for me! I really appreciate your time and help.

You rock!

10. melbo

Aaaaaar.

Fair winds!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7