Weed Eater Attachments

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Motomom34, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Don't do like my neighbor lady did, up a 6 foot ladder with a chain saw cutting limbs over her head, the saw bucked and came back at her, and she did what most would do and tried to block it with her hand, WHILE STILL RUNNING! Yea, Wife and I were bloody working on here while waiting for the fire and rescue! I don't think any of her fingers will ever work right, but at least she didn't loose any! You ever buck a saw and it jumps, DROP IT, it can be fixed later, you not so much!

techsar, BTPost, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  2. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

The good news, is that the manufacturers got smart, and the vast majority of those tools are universal fit, between different manufacturers.

I have a 4 cycle Craftsman weed trimmer, that I bought attachments for.....and they also fit the Greenworks 40V battery powered trimmer, as if they were made for it. (y)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

My time in the service as I have posted worked flight line loading bombs extremely noisy and the ear protection given us was worthless. Now suffering from extreme hearing loss. Just a word of caution wear hearing protection around weed eaters, lawnmowers etc etc told by the audiologist wear both muffs and ear plugs--- muffs will not reduce the level significantly.

4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I did find that the chain oiler system on my pole saw attachment seems to be of the continuous flow design, since it was empty after a few days. No problem. Just drain the unused oil back into the chain oil bottle when finished.

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

Most, but not all attachments interchange between brands. The Ryobi uses a square drive, like most. Echo and Milwaukee use some kind of spline drive though I don't know if they are the same spline or not. Glad I looked in to that since I am heavily invested in Milwaukee batteries, and a fan of Echo power equipment.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If you have the imagination there is little one cannot attach to a gas powered weed whacker motor, the problem is the clutch will only take so much abuse and it is not like changing spark plugs.
    I bought a battery powered weed whacker and am very happy with it, and it has no clutch, which means that it can tolerate the abuse of odd things being used besides string trimmers.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7