Weird Dreams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Feb 23, 2017.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Dreams are useful, if you can remember the dream. I've worked out snags in story lines by really concentrating on the story as I fall asleep.

I've always managed to sort things out.

Dreams really are worth paying attention to - it may well be your subconscious trying to tell you something.

That - or it was bad pizza...

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Probably bad pizza.... but in concept, I agree with you. ;)

3. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Or I squeez the trigger as hard as I can and it wont work.....

Meat likes this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I dream of a seafood gumbo, Shrimp, crabmeat and crawfish tails!

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The fail to fire firearm dream, is probably a Freudian place marker for impotence anxiety....take the condoms off your pistol barrels and you're good to go....my worst nightmare is that everyone here understands me perfectly....:eek:

Ganado, Mountainman, Meat and 2 others like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I always kick some serious ass in my dreams though. Wait. That's my real life. :whistle:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Motomom34, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Dream trigger always feels like an old rusty staple gun that will never quite fire. Dunno why we all seem to have some version or other of this dream. Chello's suggested reason not withstanding... I always have to drag out my primary pistol just to check that all's well when I wake. Too OCD not to. :oops:

Meat likes this.
  8. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I dream about girls. Is there something wrong with me?

Byte, Meat, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Not at all. I dream about girls too-then my wife usually shows up armed and pissed off:D

Motomom34, Byte, Meat and 4 others like this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If your dreaming about shooting ,it might be advisable not to sleep with a gun under your pillow.

Meat likes this.
  11. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Back when I was fat and unhealthy I had a dream that this BIG fella at work was sitting on my chest. I couldn't breathe, and my heart was pounding. I woke from the dream still shouting "GET OFF OF ME!" I found that I was not only really short of breath, but my heart was beating at a frantic rate, but not really beating, just fluttering. I managed to sit up and after a short, frightening time the normal beat of my heart resumed and I was able to breathe again.

That weird dream may have saved my life.

I haven't jumped out of bed and taken cover, or called for artillery in my sleep for years, but even after that stopped, I had a recurring dream about needing to hurry up and reenlist before I was put out to pasture by the Marine Corps. This kept up frequently until I'd been retired for almost 15 years.

Meat, Motomom34, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Too much anti-histamine gives me weird dreams. Some drugs just hijack the brain. Doesnt matter if they are legal or not.:eek::D

13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Sure stoner[stoner]

14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have dreams most every morning just before waking up .
    Try as i may I cant remember them all but for the most part seem as though I'm seeing the world through some one else's eyes in a whole other part of the world .
    Last one I remember is being with a small group, hiding from some authorities with the help of mutual friends and jumping down a hole in a floor .
    I'm too old to be doing things like that, and the hole was way too small for me (In my present state) as I remember it.

Meat, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

More weird dreams. Jugalos were after me. I don't even listen to Insane Clown Posse. Wtf? [afro]

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Was being chased by BIG White Bears (Polar type) last nite.... I was on a Jet Ski, and man they were Fast in the Water.... Then I Woke UP, Whew.... They didn't get me....

Ganado and Meat like this.
  17. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^Therapy perhaps. Maybe you can find one on your island. Yellow Pages?

Ganado likes this.
  18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@Meat Nope, I live on North American Mainland, and it costs $250US just to go to Town.....

Ganado and Meat like this.
  19. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

No chelloveck my worst dream would be me understanding you and believing what you say is true.

Gator 45/70, BTPost and Tully Mars like this.
  20. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Recurring nightmare...

I witness a shooting and begin chasing the perp. Down the city street, I am gaining on him when he ducks into an alley. I approach, confident, firearm low and ready, round the corner and he sticks the barrel of the cheap assed .38 into my stomach and fires.

Always wakes me up, always after Papa Murphy's pizza...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7