Weird

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, May 21, 2012.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

From MSNBC -
    U.S. News - 'Life over war': US veterans return medals at NATO summit

"On Sunday morning, ahead of the march, two activists appeared in court on terrorism-related charges. Cook County prosecutors charged Mark Neiweem, 28, with attempted possession of explosives or incendiary devices and Sebastian Senakiewicz, 24, with falsely making a terrorist threat."

Now, what I want to know is how you attempt possession and get arrested and charged. Then how is a terror threat false? Can the Kook Kounty Kops have another law we don't know about? (Funny how the kops are wearing blue helmets, isn't it?)

More likely, I suppose, is a totally ignorant reporter. [wannamesswitme]

tulianr likes this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Curiouser and curiouser

I see the contradiction that you are making pointing out...that logically if one is doing something with the intent of carrying out a terrorist act, that such action would not be a false threat, but an actual threat. My only thought is that the False Threat charge was being made preferred as an alternative to the Criminal Possession charge in the event that the criminal possession charge fails...or as a plea bargaining chip...offering a reduced sentence on the lesser charge if the defendants cop the plea. Logically the DA should be prosecuting a charge of making a terrorist threat, not a charge of making a false terrorist threat, though that gambit may not allow as much negotiating room by the DA for plea bargaining. Then again...it may be a case of the investigating and arresting police not knowing the logical application of the laws that they are charged with enforcing.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Reality is sometimes stranger than fiction.

Chicago Police Raid on Luke Rudkowski Goes Viral! - YouTube

About half way through the video, Luke Rudkowski explains how the corrupt cops and federal agents set them up, arrested and intimidated them. You folks had better be aware of the fact that peaceful protesters and the front line dissenters are being targeted.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7