Welcome to the U.S.S.A.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Motomom34, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Matt Bracken starts talking around 2:30 in this clip. I am a great fan of his and he always brings things to light that give me thought. He mentions that the gov't M-4 fully automatics are called personal defense weapons but citizens semi-autos are called assault weapons. I am sure I have heard this but never did it sick in. I know someone personally that firmly believes that ONLY law enforcement needs firearms. he seems to think that we should have a firearms library, you go and check one out to hunt then return it.

Bracken speaks to McChrystal and a future role. I had heard the reports that McChrystal had said:
    I did wonder because the General should know the difference between weapons and also he should understand the constitution. I just know when I heard what he was saying, it made me wonder about him.

PS- I apologize if this clip has already been posted.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

No need to apologize.... even if it has been posted before... It still is nice to revisit the information....

Brokor and Motomom34 like this.
  3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Good thing to know where arms/ammo can be obtained.

Mountainman and Motomom34 like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Do you think McChrystal really will become a bad guy? I figured he was spouting that gun control stuff cause he wanted to sell more books.

5. BTPost

That and keep his Gig as an NBC Consultant on National Security Issues, and the Military....

Silversnake likes this.
  6. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Sorry...to me, spouting such crap for personal gain just confirms that one IS a bad guy.

oldawg, Mountainman and kellory like this.
  7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Bad guy or a politician, really no difference on that score, is there?

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

The problem we are fighting is that people do not know that they have a duty to defend their country from all enemies including those at home. It is a battle of the mind. People in Los Angeles are afraid of the sight of guns. If you were to put your lawful guns in your car and someone saw you do it they would call the police because they would automatically assume that you were going to kill someone. The TV has done its job well.

To overcome this mental block the people need to see guns everywhere they go. They need to see them in public and kids using them. They need to see them as the useful tools they are. In short the exact opposite of what we have now. Everyone should open carry everywhere. They should glorify all guns and all weapons as the life saving and freedom protecting tools that they are. Anyone in the public eye should carry. Politicians should open carry.

This will change the public point of view so that people will accept them everywhere. When they are once again beloved by all we can start expanding that mind set to bigger and better weapons. This is how you defeat the man. Buy and support weapons that don't need to be registered. Buy and make 85% AR15s and sell them to everyone you know.

Pax Mentis and Brokor like this.
  9. rickpeters

rickpeters Monkey

A lot of people also simply don't care. Protecting your freedom is hard work. Watching TV and shopping for junk is easy.

enloopious and BTPost like this.
  10. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Stopped in to our local burger king for my weekly cheese burger and fries, with a 1911 . Sat a couple tables from some local Leo's and several families. No one said anything. Only one person acted like they took much notice. That was the female Leo and I personally think she just had a thing for long gray haired old guy's.
    I know the Leo's noticed! That is their job.. It is common here to see someone open carry.

Quigley_Sharps and Mountainman like this.
  11. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Very common here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

12. BTPost

I have one local Old Boy that is so afraid of Bears, he is packing whenever his leaves his place for more than 5 Minutes. Even in the middle of winter, when our Bear Friends are taking their LONG SIESTA .... He also thinks that S&W 29 with 4" Barrel, is some sort of Bear Protection.... We all just laugh, and consider the source......

Silversnake likes this.
  13. Dont

What ever makes him feel good.. May get him eaten, but he may feel good during ..

14. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

People here carry while they are working at mcds. Bosses that don't let you carry while working are considered conservative scum.

...in fact a guy just walked by the house wearing hunter colors and a rifle... not sure if he shoots anything how he's gonna get it home w/o a car lol.

15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

He may shoot something, but not track it for hours. Many times, the best thing to do is wait for it to bleed out (locally) not 5 miles away, and on the wrong property. Plenty of time to go get the truck and figure out the closest point to drag it out to. YMMV

16. Dont

Me personally, I don't like draggin them out of where ever. Drop them where they stand..

17. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

That is preferred, but not always possible. Even with a double lung and heart shot, I have had deer run 100yards, hop a fence, and sink in a river.

18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Look for a ball of fur the size of you knuckles, There is your deer.

19. Dont

100 yard shots. Take them in the neck. BUT not this year!!

20. Dont

Seen that fur ball about double hand sized laying in a blood spot and a drag trail..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7