Well, I'm gonna step in it here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have been researching the trend towards political correctness as of lately and have come to the conclusion that giving women the right to vote is what started it.:eek:
    They immediately banded together and made booze illegal and we all know how well that worked. Prohibition gave birth to our very own Federal police department, the 1934 gun control act, I am sure the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor thinking that any country that let women have a say in running it would be a push-over.:(
    I am equally sure that it was some PW brow-beaten husband/politician that listened to his wife telling him "just give them whatever they want..." that ruined the civil rights movement by building a system that pays people to have babies out of wed-lock and there-by destroyed the central family. Remember the Trojan Horse! Remember how it came to be.
    Men should just fight it out, let natural selection determine who is left and get the women back to having babies and in the kitchen where they belong.[footinmouth]
    Now if this don't stir the pot, [yack]

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Good job. [stirpot] [stoner]

3. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I would say that you definitely got the gunk on the side of the pot knocked off. Now lets see if it causes the meal to change flavor!

4. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

DAMN!!!!!!!!

I thought you were just going to say somthing a tad outside the pale to stir the pot SC. I had no idea you were planning on kicking the pot over and peeing in the punch bowl to boot.:shock: But it was a well thought out post to make others think. Now I'm going to head to cover.

Take care Be safe Poacher.

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You sound a tad cranky tonight SC. Your comments reminded me of what my former husband believed - "barefoot , pregnant and tied to the bedpost." He lives - but he'll never be the same.....LOL

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I always wondered if the same sentiment is felt towards Condileeza Rice. :eek: [gone]

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

:lol: seas drinking again.. :eek:

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Going down to sea SC next week.. I'll ask him more then

9. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Women would rule the world if they had one trait men do - whatever they say has to make some kind of sense! :lol:

Uh oh. :eek:

10. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I agree, dang wimmin.

It actually goes farther back than that, dang connivin' wimmin got us kicked out of the Garden of Eden.

And the terrorist attacks of 9/11 were caused when the Muslims thought Hanoi John was going to win, and Teresa The Ketchup Queen was gonna be running the country. Any country that would elect her needs to be slapped around.

11. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Don't apply logical rational thought processes to no wimmin.

12. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Interesting bit o' research you've been doing there, Sea.
    Ahhh... Barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen. Those were the days. Nary a word to say, lest spoken to. The family unit; well tended, as was the home and garden.

Damn that gal that ever thought that her opinion mattered, for it was she - in the hen house, clucking to the other chicks about how they, too, might have a say, a vote even - who began the degradation of society.

13. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

I thought women do rule the world....:D

When you really think about it.... :rolleyes: :eek:

14. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Only if you're married. [no]

15. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Sea has a good point , problem is when someone speaks the truth on this issue they get shouted down by hysterical females .

Think about how much society has regressed since women became full time workers rather than full time Moms , and ask yourself if as a whole the country and even the world is any better off .

Running a house and raising a family is by no means an easy job , I personally think it is the big mouthed unattractive and stupid females that got the whole ball rolling because no man wanted to have them as a wife .

Women were and still often are "the power behind the throne" women and this is a fact have to many emotional issues to be in the spotlight as a rule . There was an article years ago in a business magazine in which it stated that women made up 10% of the corporate leaders yet they were accountable for nearly 90% of the nervous breakdowns in the corporate world due to stress .

At the turn of the last century women were often regulated to being mothers/housewives , School teachers , and in the work place secretaries . Now lets take a look at each in turn and importance .

Mother and housewife is there any job that is as important as raising well rounded and behaved child ? Nature has it that a child will bond far more strongly with it's mother than it's father , simple fact , is it any wonder that when the mother became less a part of their lives that kids began running amok ? It isn't that women were unappreciated in this role it is the simple fact of their own insecurity that made them think so because their husbands didn't return home every single day with high praise of their accomplishments . Bad news girls your employers don't praise you on a regular basis either even if they are your fellow women .

School teacher , now once again we are talking about molding a child's mind and behavior from the very start of his social life in a positive way , is stocking shelves at Walmart anywhere near as important ? Or how about perhaps being accepted by men in a mans world in doing say a job in construction ? Where do you think you would really serve as a positive role model for children ?

Secretary , hmm now here is a good one , have any of you ladies ever served in this role ? Often the under appreciated backbone of many large companies , yes this is one area where women needed more compensation as we all know while ideas may make the companies millions it would all get botched if the power behind the throne wasn't there to organize the whole show and see to it that the bright ideas were communicated to the right people and put into motion .

Being in the shadows isn't always a bad thing ladies as a matter of fact it is often the best place to be when TSHTF !

16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Little Johnny and little Suzy are playing in the backyard, and the conversation turns to the differences between boys and girls. "Show me yours, and I'll show you mine" says one to the other (and it doesn't matter which said it.) Drawers drop and Johnny exclaims, "Wow. You don't have one!!" And wise little Suzy says, "With what I have, I can get all of those I want."

Some truth to that, guys. There is nothing wrong with being the power behind the throne (unless your name is Hillary.) Think about it for a second, if something goes awry, the throne is blamed, not the power. I am convinced that the power hungry are more dangerous than those that are secure in their own sense of worth without the crown. I've had a lot more success and fun in my business as No.2 in the organization than ever in the lead position.

17. Seacowboys

Ah...now the line in the sand has been drawn...kiss kiss...and if I ain't politically correct about this, I'll be sleeping on the couch[violin] .
    ^The fact is that I believe most of that post, allowing exception for exceptional women; I just don't have much use for Hillary or your average soccer mom deciding my rights. But I also don't believe you should be allowed to vote without owning property and being able to test higher than 85 on an IQ test.
    Million Mom March, MADD, etc. cause political correctness to become law. Some pissed-off mother with an issue hooks up with a suck-ass slimey lawyer that craves media attention and the next thing you know, we're all wearing seatbelts and bicycle helmets.

18. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Big, that's a very unkind thing to say about the mothers, sisters, and wives who endured disdain and ridicule as they pursued something in addition to, other than, or beyond, being a wife, or a nurse, or schoolteacher, secretary, waitress, a typist, a cashier, or any of the other jobs that were so far removed from any throne as to be ridiculous. They had no power, not even in their own homes. By the way, if you haven't guessed, I'm one of those big-mouthed, unattractive, stupid females raised by another one of those big-mouthed, unattractive, stupid females who taught me that the lack of a penis did not equal the lack of a brain.

That's true ghrit but how many women ever made it to #2?

As a general rule, the options of most women were limited not by their ability or their intellect but merely by their gender. That is the women's movement summed up in one sentence.

Notice I said option, not requirement.

I truly enjoyed being a wife and a mother in the same way that many men truly enjoy being husbands and fathers but that doesn't have to be the total definition of who we are, only one facet.

As an aside, I always wondered why it was that women were the cooks in the home but men were the chefs in the restaurants? Could it be that if there was money or a career involved it became the territory of men?

I agree but what, prey tell, do they do when the children are raised? Being a mother lasts a lifetime but rearing the child last only about 20 years. At the age of 40 to 50, women found themselves out of a job and without the option to do anything other than menial labor - the very jobs that were not desired by men

19. Seacowboys

:eek: I put this on another board in regards to political correctness:

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    I have reached the conclusion that there are just too many individual agendas to allow anyone to have an indivual opinion on any thing so hence forth, I have decided "I have no opinion".
    I have decided to judge each person I come into contact with as an individual rather than as a member of any group or race or religion, or ethnic background and ask that each of you forgive me if I don't like whatever group you belong to because I have decided that misanthropic Southern White Bubba is my preferred group afilliation and I probably don't like or give a rat's ass about whatever group affiliations you choose. It doesn't bother me in the least if you don't like me, my guns, my opinions, or what I have to say about it as long as you remember that I am well armed, not very bright, and in all likelyhood, don't like you or your agenda to begin with.[no]
    As an aside; I am one of those people that cannot resist hurling rocks at wasp nests, commenting on ugly babies, or farting in church while suspiciously glaring at the people on either side of me. And Dee; I think you are beautiful and would vote for you for president.

20. RightHand

And that's exactly what we all love about you!

I'm just an ugly old broad who would rather be out fishing than be president. I just want my granddaughters to have the option to fish or cut bait.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7