Well the week started out OK but went all to heck yesterday.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotSoSneaky, Sep 11, 2014.

1. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

*redacted for privacy*

My thanks to all ! .

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    oldawg likes this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yeah, it's good he is okay. Lots of accidents every day, never know what may happen. Sometimes it's as simple as looking down to tune the radio, it only takes a split second.

NotSoSneaky and VisuTrac like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Truck can be replaced. I'm thinking the guardian angel put in some over time on that.
    Glad it turned out the way it did!

NotSoSneaky and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Glad to hear he made it through with only minor injuries!!!!
    Things can happen so fast... and life is so fragile... hug your son again, for us!!

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Heartily happy to hear he's recovering.

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

@NotSoSneaky , it looks like you are missing a front passenger side wheel. I would look close at the studs and the wheel rim. You might have had a wheel come loose, and sheared the lugs. If so, the lug holes in the rim will be torn up.
    As someone who recently lost rt side rear duelly wheels at freeway speed, I can say for a fact, I had only about 2 seconds warning that anything was wrong. Then I was sliding down the road, using the inner wheel as a skateboard. It would have been very easy to have rolled it, if there had been any turn to the road.
    Give your son an extra hug, and tell him you love him.

GOG, Witch Doctor 01 and NotSoSneaky like this.
  7. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless

Glad to hear that he's OK. As a monkey who is all too familiar with freak occurrences on the road, I will say that anything can happen out there, and it always comes from out of nowhere. I suspect that my experiences are not unique, but I digress...

Perhaps it's appropriate for a survival-themed website such as this, that sometimes we should stop and recognize how fragile a thing life is, and take the time to truly appreciate the ones that make life as meaningful as it is for us...

Sneaky, your week has taken a crappy turn, but look at it this way - at least it's getting better again now. Make the most of this weekend, my monkey friend.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    NotSoSneaky likes this.
  8. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Most happy he is going to be alright Sneaky. If there is an upside to those heart stopping moments it has to be realizing how important family is to you.

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  9. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Glad to hear your son is going to be OK.

I dread the day my daughter starts to drive. Kids have a small peddle go-kart, she hits more things than her younger brother. <sigh> and they say boys are the worse drivers.

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  10. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

God bless your boy.

NotSoSneaky likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7