Went fishin' today.

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by NotSoSneaky, May 29, 2013.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Small earth worms, single super egg roe or a kernal of corn, pencil float bobber.
    Works fer me.
    Tell the kiddo not to pull too hard to set the hook...lil' trout have soft mouths.

2. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

Thanks, will let you know how that goes

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I went fishing the other day and had a great time.....;)
    ResizedImage951374201995025.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  4. Yard Dart

Today's catch... by our son and his buddy from SC visiting home town...
    ResizedImage951374286004324.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  5. Yard Dart

By the way that is over the limit a tad I believe....but when you are on a mile of private river frontage....
    They will all hit the grill ...or freezer this weekend. Washington fishing is doing great right now.
    Salmon are a coming....

6. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Inland lakes here are all too hot now so we are not fishing much. I have long wanted to fish Lake Nippising as I have lures over there that are catching some huge fish. We have fished all over Ontario including Cliff lake, Fluke Lake and Lac Suel. I want to fish Lake of the Woods, Eagle Lake and Pipestone before I expire. Canada has some excellent Musky fishing.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  7. Mindgrinder

Skip Eagle Lake, it's "meh".
    If you do Nip, you can also do Trout Lake on the other side of town by NORAD CFB North Bay for lake trout. You got the gear...it's a pretty straight down rig troll from what I'm told...I fished mostly Nip in a cheapo 17ft fiberglass with a beasty old 50hp and mostly for Pics (Walleye). Seen giant sturgeon swim past the boat with chunk out of their backs from props. :( Nailed a ton of N Pike and a few muskies when the Pics stop biting....they have a very timed morning and night bite - maybe a 2hr limit out or catch nothing all day...for Walleye that is...worm and white jig head right on the bottom...tap tap sit...tap tap sit. Pike and muskie have their own schedule and will hit anything that you can annoy them with. Got a 32 inch N Pike on a friggen panther martin one day...bouncing it off a rock from shore tryin for bass by the psych hospital...
    North Bay people are pretty friendly too...just tip your hat to a stranger and they'll prolly strike up a conversation with ya...don't count on'em knowing how to fish Nip unless they are native though. :) Best greasy spoon to eat at before going fishin..."The White Owl" on Lakeshore Dr open at 5am.

8. Mindgrinder

Got my fingers crossed for a good Fraser sockeye and pink run.....

9. Yard Dart

Ohhhh just a side note, the pic above is not me, I was just fun'n ya guys. He is a family friend... which was pretty much hammered and we bout lost him to the river when we crossed it. Water is mighty cold coming off the Cascades... it would sober up anyone. :eek:

10. Yard Dart

Sockeye is the best as far as I am concerned. Of course I do like that Copper River King run which has a great flavor, with all them Omega 3's stuffed in them....[winkthumb]

Mindgrinder likes this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just run up to Lake Washington... Lots of Sockeye there in about a month..... Coper River Kings are WAY Overrated.... .....

12. Mindgrinder

Ya I suppose sockeye are the best eaters but I aint crazy aboot they way they're fished on the Fraser...."flossing" seems more like "snagging" to me and not very sporty cuz the fish don't strike.

skip to aboot 2 minutes in

13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Hot weather huh? Well I got a Buckeye fishing tip. Any Ohio Monkeys not to far from Grand Lake St. Marys ....
    Grand Lake St. Marys Fishing Map
    Out there in the center right on the chart is the Rock Pile. Take 5 or 6 dozen small minnows out there and fish the lee side as the wind shifts 4 to 8 ft deep under a bobber. You will catch tons of Crappie. This is a hot spot in HOT weather.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7