Westendorf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Dec 3, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I know nothing about them. The last time I looked into one , it was a Woods I believe. They were out of Washington state if I remember right. I think it was going to cost me about 1600 bucks and 5-600 delivery. For that cost and the size of tractor I had , I would have just been better off getting a bigger tractor .

Gator 45/70, HK_User and sec_monkey like this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  4. HK_User

Thanks

I have used another brand years ago and did a fair amount of research on this.
    They have extensive detailed information and engineering drawings because there is 3 types of frames for my tractor model and I sent pictures to be sure the drawings matched my tractor as many tractors are made world wide and like the FAL they are metric or Inch models but Westendorf appears to have the information on ACad on site.

I will do the install on untouched mounting points that still have the plastic blanks in place to protect the threads which I will carefully clean and tap for finger tight first fitment.

My purchase will be for a https://www.loaders.com/userdocs/products/160.pdf as it is the strongest and highest lift they have with 2 inch cylinders and my tractor has the highest pressure hydraulic pressure needed for the lift and is an internal design not a front pulley drive.

I will purchase the skid steer attachments setup that are now common and which I have on my other front end loader, a better design and a saving of money by sharing between tractors.

Shipping will be what ever the Trucking Industry can stick me with and they will (trucking) try and use the old "you're a home delivery and we have to charge you extra because the Tariff folks let us".Ah but no as I will pay for shipping with a BUSINESS Credit Card which is my rural home's address and I have a Fork Lift to off load even if they don't have a drop gate.

I have decided on a 3 year no interest pay which means I will stop payment if I can't get this installed in on good 8 hour day.

Thanks for the intel and I wish the guy who started that thread above would have been more open an upfront on what really happened to resolve his problem

Wish me luck as I need the setup to start mining my rock pit to improve my roads.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Heard both bad and good about them. One guy loves his the other guy detached it after a Month and put a Koyker on.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  6. HK_User

Without knowing all the details such as make of tractor, model and use as well as the owner it can be difficult to determine the value of such intel.

Most of what I can determine is that over working a small tractor/loader combo is the cause for discontent.

My combo starts with a 1982 full cast undercarriage 3 cylinder diesel with the 4 cylinder controls and hydraulics. Which means it has all the beef of a larger model but weighs a bit less. So, more weight is in the rear and this would help with a balance and weight distribution for a loader application.

I may need to make a run to the factory.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Called the guy that switched his out after a month. His beef with it was it took "A Month of Sundays to get it and 3 weeks after getting it and installing it two of the welds had cracked on it." and "7 Months later the dealer that sold it to him finally came and picked it up and refunded his money." The last being on the dealer and not the manufacturer. Not my words just passing on what Kenny said.

oldman11 likes this.
  8. HK_User

Thanks.

I have been quoted a 6 day delivery time from the Factory and painted to the same spec color as the tractor.

I have contacted locals to see their opinion and said they were heavy duty.

I may have a known business, a Local long time Ag Dealer do the install as they say they will stand behind the unit and the install.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Thunder5Ranch likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7