What a Wonderful Thing to See Hiking This Weekend

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Seepalaces, May 28, 2017.

1. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Have a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend everyone.

IMG_4738.JPG

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

That's Awesome! Around here, they are almost as bad as the Gulls in the PNW! LOL Interesting "problem" to have!

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

@ Ura-Ki
    Up here in the real PNW (vancouver Island ) they are huge , yours are 2.5' some of ours have 6 to 8' wing span making them 4' plus . they pickup small dogs / rabbits in heavy weather with wind & a few of my ducks .
    Up our streams we count 1000's & every 7 years just under 10K .

Sloth

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We get some 6 footers down here, we even get some pretty big assed Owls and Ospreys too ( even the twin rotor versions) quite a bit!

Tully Mars, duane, Dunerunner and 3 others like this.
  5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

How do you cook them?

6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Carefully :rolleyes:

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Same as Chicken, BBQ! LOL

Seepalaces and sec_monkey like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Beautiful pic.

sec_monkey, Seepalaces and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Around here we call those " Flying Rats".... I have three mated Pairs, living right close.... Been here all winter.. They keep the squirrel population at bay....

10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Ura-Ki and Seepalaces like this.
  11. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Great pick @Seepalaces

I had a mating pair end their talon to talon death stoop just yards from my windshield a few years ago. They are bigger birds than they appear to be when in flight.

12. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

They are a rare sight in Southeast Texas but every year I seem to see at least one riding the thermals in the early spring.

13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Bigger is true. We don't have to many around here, but I saw one one morning at a job I was on, it swooped down across the street in front of a school bus, it was going for the ditch line, must have been a rabbit or something there, the bus had to slam on breaks to keep from hitting it , and it looked like it covered the whole road . It was an easy 6 ft if not 8 ft wingspan. Beautiful animal nevertheless .

14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

We have some that live around here. They live around the river.

15. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I had one pair do that & not break apart & fall into the forest behind the ranch house . We have 10 H fenced off & the rest is for the wildlife etc & they have a travel corridor .. I'm sitting in the back of the house reading with a chair that has a pocket in arm for my beer , right beside the pond & then the forest . IMG_5007.JPG IMG_5008.JPG

So I hear a huge rustle & noise coming at me , out breaks a Eagle & can't make clearance over the house without running up the roof while flapping and went kinda over me, since I spooked & flew backwards spilling my beer & was on my back thinking it was a mountain lion or bear !! Wet pants & a dead beer , This happened a second time when the mate did the same thing , only one beer & two spooks !!

Sloth

Dunerunner and Ura-Ki like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7