What am I discribing?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by monkeyman, Feb 2, 2008.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Im in the early considering stage of looking for another hand gun (after getting some bills and debts paid) but Im not sure what to look for. I know the traits I want but dont know if its out there or who makes it, so here it is the requirements.
    *size around the KelTec P3AT
    *price under $400 and prefer under $350
    *chambered in .380 or larger
    *semi auto
    *single double action
    *reliable
    *reasonably accurate, as in IF I do my part can keep groups under 4-5" out to 10-15 yards

So dose anyone know if there is such a critter out there? Basicly a P3AT with hammer and single/double action would be great. I just dont like double action only.

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Monkeyman, just get the KelTec P3AT. Anything that you are describing is going to cost a lot more, and to be honest outside of the Seacamp I do not know of any such critter. The .380 Seacamp is highly sought after and very expensive. Just get the Keltec and be done with it.

3. gillman7

gillman7 Monkey+++

4. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

It looks to me you're describing an animal that doesn't exist .

I had some time so I did some looking around for ya and while the size and caliber and even the price can be had they all come in DOA without hammers .

You can get a Khar but those are more than you want to spend , then there is ths Cobra Patriot , it can be had in 380 and 9mm and lastly in that size there are still a few of the now defunct Grendels in 380 on the used market but again they have no hammer and are DOA .

Personally if it me I would go with a Bersa Thunder 380 that runs right around $200 new and make do .

It isn't quite as small but the Bersa's have quite a reputation as small reliable weapons and they meet all other requirements you have , hammer sa/da , price . Alas I haven't read any reports on their accuracy though .

Good Luck

5. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

I have the CZ-82 and it seems to describe pretty much what you're looking for at (usually) less than $215. I'm not sure if 9x18 Makarov is larger or smaller than .38.

Here's a link http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1207. Centerfire has the cheapest price, but there are others that have like perfect condition ones. You really need to hold one to feel how sturdy and well-built they are.

It's extremely accurate and they clean up very quickly because of the chrome-lined barrel and polygonal rifling.

6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I already have the Bersa Thunder .380 and like it and my Bersa Firestorm 9mm UC a lot and the .380 in particular is surpriseingly accurate, the 9 isnt bad either.

I dont have anything to spend at present and need to check a couple of the links but from most of what I have heard am thinking will most likely wind up with a P3AT and have to get some trigger work to make it tollerable to me.

7. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Ruger is making a knock off of the Kel Tec.

If you don't mind a little fatter, there are the berettas.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7