What are you driving?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Daily is a 2016 Holden SV6 and my 4x4 is a HZ80 LandCruiset :)

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Driving a 2008 SMART fortwo in town. Fill it with gas once a month or so, all 8.4 gallons. Currently 31,000 miles and getting 38MPG. Been running Mobile 1 in the engine since changing out the Dino oil that came with it after the first 500 miles. Heated leather seats, Cruise control, auto headlights and wipers, cruises at 70 on the freeway easily.

The truck is a 2015 Ford F250 Super Duty 4X4. 6.7 liter V8 diesel, crew cab, 6.5" bed. Gets about 20MPG highway and 18MPG in town. Will tow about anything and is my bug out vehicle. 33,000 miles and no issues....

Zimmy, Motomom34, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Had a '75 FJ40, Defender D90, and Series II 109 Regular......:( Wish I still did....:cry: D_90-001.

white-FJ40.JPG

35n3hpt.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  4. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Its a dogmatic, basically a better designed version of the halties. Works on the same principle as a halter on a horse, controls the head instead of trying to hold back the part that could drag a mack truck off the road:D

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Yesterday the dealership told me that they will be covering the repairs on the Rogue, due to premature wearing. They are having to special order the pivot bearing and upper strut so it will be in the shop till Thursday. I was so relieved.

3cyl, techsar, Gator 45/70 and 6 others like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Good news Moto,,glad to hear it,,,I was afraid they were going to try to gouge you on repair costs , but it sounds like they're going to do the right thing.

Motomom34, techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Really glad to hear that.

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Black Powder Monkey

I am driving a 2011 Chevy Silverado ...Its been a great truck and holds all of my stuff...:D
    Andy
    DSC05465.

9. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

What he said...^^^

10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

.... my first vehicle with four wheels touching the ground (was on bikes for many years ;) ) was an 82 BJ42, I loved that little truck, hard on the back but could climb a tree and was reliable as the day long !!

Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Currently driving an 02 Mountaineer. 4.0 SOHC, 210 HP. Auto transmission. Got enough room in the back and can seat 7. Hauls my camper with no problem. Suits my needs for what it is. Her name is Mia!

12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I wrote in my opening post that I had rented a Dodge Charger since the Rogue was in the shop. I had a lot of fun in that car until yesterday. We got snow and that Charger is not going anywhere. I was in my teens the last time I drove a rear-wheel drive in the snow and not such a big engine. I have been driving 4- cylinder front-wheel drive for years. I grew up back East where we got lots of snow. I muttered yesterday how did Mom ever deal with this? Most of Mom's cars were RW drive till I was in my teens.

Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Some cars just handle different than others. I consider myself a decent driver , but of a lead foot , but. Years ago I had a 70 Torino GT , thing was a hot rod tank. I could take it about anywhere , snow and all . Jumped in my buddy's Volkswagon and couldn't hardly get it to move in the snow .

14. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

It's a rental! Go practice like you stole it

[chopper]

15. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I've driven and worked on just about everything out there. It comes down to what you are comfortable with. I love my truck!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

LOL! that must be why dad said never to buy a used rental car.

Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  17. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

My current vehicles are a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan as my daily driver, and a 1988 Ford E150 conversion van I am slowly converting to a small camper.
    The Dodge is fairly reliable though with a few issues. Gets about 18MPG around town, just as Dodge advertises. Good "getty-up and go" for a minivan, comfortable for us big guys. I have camped in it a few times. It has no problem towing my 5X8 open trailer.
    Neither is an ideal BOV, but with my health problems I don't plan to BO.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I was at a company meeting the other day for an auto auction sales company and the newest trend in cars is to not own a car but to rent or lease one for a week or two.

When we buy a car we have to buy to the largest size we need. If you commute to work everyday you just need a little commuter car but if you have a large family and can only afford one car, you buy a large car that will accomodate the entire family even if you only use it a few times a year with everyone in the car.

Millennial don't care if they own a car they just want to drive different cars. It's why UBER is so popular, they don't have to make a car payment or do maintenance.

so auto retailers are gearing up for short term car rentals vs long leases or car sales.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Me ,,, I don’t see the sense in leasing a vehicle. You never get out from under a payment.
    I buy cheap and used and drive it till the wheels fall off.

3cyl, Zimmy, Oddcaliber and 2 others like this.
  20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@ SB21 I think you missed the point. Millennials don't see the point in owning a car they just want to rent one when they need it. They are not interested in owning. Change in how people view vehicle usage is all

SB21, Zimmy, oldman11 and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7