What are you reading?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VisuTrac, Jun 11, 2013.

1. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Just finished reading the first two books in the Lone Star Series by Bobby Akart. Very interesting and timely having to do with Iran and North Koran dropping EMP nukes from satellites on the US East and West Coast and America's response. As the series title suggest it is a lot about Texas and it's electrical grid surviving and then the State succeeding and sealing it's borders rather than be overrun by the golden hoard from the rest of the country.
    [​IMG]

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079WG166M/?tag=survivalmonke-20

Seepalaces, Zimmy and Motomom34 like this.
  2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

The Gulag Archipeligo.

Seepalaces likes this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I just finished reading a book written by Scott Todd. The book is called Mega Cataclysmic: The Last Survivors Chronicles
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q1SWEXG/?tag=survivalmonke-20
    Scott is a member of another site and is very knowledgeable about planet earth, earthquakes etc. He focused the book on mega doom plus the survival after. I have read his posts regarding earthquakes for years. I had trouble putting it down because he has always has a great way of educating the reader while telling a story. I really hope he will do a book two.

61B5fssJ0lL.

Seepalaces likes this.
  4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

yossarian slept here. Very entertaining read, but there's a catch...

Seepalaces and chelloveck like this.
  5. randallatha

randallatha Monkey

The zombie Fallout Series by mark Tufo, im a zombie nut and watching whatever is on prime

Seepalaces and Zimmy like this.
  6. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Bobby Akart: The Loyal Nine

7. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Seepalaces likes this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1524731633/?tag=survivalmonke-20

An autopsy of the American dream

Over the past 50 years, lots of things have changed in the United States. Here are a few examples.

1) A child’s chance of earning more than his or her parents has plummeted from 90 to 50 percent.

2) Earnings by the top 1 percent of Americans nearly tripled, while middle-class wages have been basically frozen for four decades, adjusting for inflation.

3.) Self-inflicted deaths — from opioid use and other drug addictions — are at record highs.

4) Nearly one in five children in the US are now at risk of going hungry.

5) Among the 35 richest countries in the world, the US now has the highest infant mortality rate and the lowest life expectancy.

These facts, and many others, are cataloged in a new book by Steven Brill about America’s gradual decline over the last half-century. Brill has been writing about class warfare in the US since 2011, and the picture he paints is as depressing as it is persuasive.

The book argues the people with the most advantages in the American economy have used that privilege to catapult themselves ahead of everyone else, and then rigged the system — to cement their position at the top, and leave the less fortunate behind.

Motomom34 and Seepalaces like this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

22? If you read it, and understand it, you obviously didn't 'get it'. so you have to read it again until you understand it. :LOL:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  10. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

The Bible. I reread it every decade or so.

Changes in my perspective make it almost a whole new set of lessons each time.

Yard Dart, Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have been reading young adult dystopian books. Just finished Empty by Suzanne Weyn. It was a quick read but good. Story is about a small town when the nation starts to run out of gas. Gas at $30 dollars a gallon is hard to imagine but it could happen. The teenage characters were well done and not too dramatic.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/0545172799/?tag=survivalmonke-20

Seepalaces likes this.
  12. Zimmy

100 years of solitude.

Ganado and Seepalaces like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This book?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060883286/?tag=survivalmonke-20

Next on my TBR pile is Neal Shustterman's book Scythe. I read his Unwind series and that was a series I won't ever forget. Pretty dark series, I couldn't believe it was YA reading.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Seepalaces and Zimmy like this.
  14. Zimmy

Seepalaces, SB21 and Motomom34 like this.
  15. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

[​IMG]
    An outstanding, though troubling read for anyone seeking a better understanding of the politics of the war. I read it cover to cover in a couple days. Couldn't put it down.

Yard Dart, Seepalaces, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  16. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Found this to be a pretty good story AND the version I have... which is older... has a different name... but contains how to make your own radiation counter...

The Rackham Files by Dean Ing

Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  17. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Motomom34 likes this.
  18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  19. Zimmy

Jordan Peterson is a deep thinker and good orator

Seepalaces and Ganado like this.