What Are You Thankful for in 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]
    Fourteen things I'm thankful for in 2014 | Fox News

We all could pick some of the things in the above list apart.... but not necessarily today. I thought it was a great start to a sharing moment...........

Every year, one of our traditions on Thanksgiving during our dinner is to go around the room/table and each express what we are thankful for. This year I will have maybe twenty friends and family in the house, this could go on for a bit...... And each person will have to say something.... even if it is petty such as happy for a new video game or a very deep thought of love & so on... all have to share and contribute in some form. No sense in being shy, we will wait patiently :)

In the spirit of this, what are you thankful this year?

My sincere wish is that each of you are happy in your life, content with what you are/have, driven to be better each day than the day before..... and that you are loved by another.

I am truly blessed with great friends, near and far. I am probably at my most content that I have been for most of my life. And for that I am truly thankful!!!!!

May God bless you and your families!!!

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

My wife and I are healthy, as are my kids and grandkids. For that I am thankful.
    I am thankful the economy seems to be improving slightly.
    I am thankful that the dire predictions of the world becoming a desert or ice field haven't come to be.
    I am thankful for my friends, those I've met here and those I've known for years.
    I am thankful I can still hunt and fish at my age.
    I am thankful I found a wife to share my life, who gives me grief nearly every day. Without her I would be lost. :rolleyes:

PapaGrune, Sapper John, GOG and 4 others like this.
  3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm thankful my daughter has finally found happiness in marriage, for my very few close and intimate friends without whom life would not be complete, for work that I love and that I'm not in jail (yet)

And I'm thankful for memories, the sum of the past and everything it held

PS Like all of us, I'm thankful to have people to love and people who love me. The rest is just frosting on the cake

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    PapaGrune, Sapper John, GOG and 5 others like this.
  4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I am thankful to still be mobile. That means I can show up for life's great mysteries and adventures. I am blessed to have my loving wife and am honored to care for her during her illness

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am thankful for opportunity and potential, regardless of present circumstance. Carpe Diem!

Sapper John, GOG, stg58 and 3 others like this.
  6. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I am thankful for the health of my family
    I am thankful i am physically able to work
    I am thankful the world has not gone upside down
    I am thankful for the love of family and friends

PapaGrune, Sapper John, GOG and 2 others like this.
  7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I am thankful for my wife, that after being chased from all over the globe for several years, finally got tired and gave in..:rolleyes: That I have a spouse that is every bit on board with this lifestyle as I am if not more so.
    For my beautiful daughters, my step son and grandchildren.
    For God allowing me this quiet piece of ground that we call home.
    For my God given gifts that have allowed me to make a pretty damn good life for my family and myself.
    For the so many things and experiences I've been given that I can't begin to name them here.

From my family to all of you,
    Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Thankful that we are one year closer to the end of the obama regime.

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We (both AlaskaChick & I) are Thankful for what Health we have....
    For the Place we live, and the Food we have to eat....
    For the Neighbors we have.....
    For the LOVE of our Children, and Grandchildren......
    For our GOD, and the LOVE He has for Us......

10. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I'm thankful for BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACON! And chocolate. For my mental capabilities. And for Survival Monkey. There is where I come to escape Facebook liberalism. As for being thankful for my friends/family, it depends on time of day :p

11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I forgot to be thankful for bacon...

GOG, PapaGrune and Yard Dart like this.
  12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm thankful for Family, Friends, being employed and along with @RightHand .. Not in jail.

GOG, PapaGrune, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  13. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I am thankful for each and every day; for every thing and every one in it.

Not only at Thanksgiving, but every day at the table; we have "one good thing that happened today". Everyone has to come up with something.
    :D

14. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Mike and I start every workday that way - we HAVE to have one good news thing to say first. We got into the habit many years ago when we were just trying to survive. Some days the good news was that we didn't get too many bills. Its just something we kept up when times got better because its a nice way to start the day

Tracy, GOG, PapaGrune and 1 other person like this.
  15. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Financial stability ...for once. We've had to work like dogs to get it.
    But that's what the American Dream is all about, opportunity and work.
    We're not "rich" by any means just minimal debt, a full pantry and a little extra squirreled away.

Additionally ;
    The love and respect of my wife.
    The love and respect of my 16 yr old son.
    The respect of my employer and neighbors.
    These are things money can't buy and without them one struggles.

After running some errands today I am very thankful for four wheel drive.

...and bacon, specifically Smithfield "Butchers Cut" bacon, 8 slices to the lb. [tongue]

16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

GOG and ditch witch like this.
  17. PapaGrune

PapaGrune Inside the firestorm

My wife who has put up with me and still loves me and that I love to and we are still best friends after 40 years of marrage.
    My children who have turned out fine, have good job's family values that we share and not a liberal thought in them.
    God loving family and my grandchildren. Only one that gives me concern because of the way his mom babies him

That almost all the lefty things have been proven wrong. At least to those that will listen.
    All the extended family are like minded on almost everything.

Midterm elections. Improvement in 2nd addmement right in a lot of places

Obummer is out in 2 years

Everyday I am able to wake up in the morning can be the start of a good day.

Maple bacon.

And a lot of great internet friends like here!!!!!

Love to everyone.

Richard in the Republic of Texas. Home of Magpul

GOG, NotSoSneaky and Yard Dart like this.
  18. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Family, health, relative stability and success.

I changed jobs this year and while it's been a bit of a challenge, it was a good move.

I have my family and our home. We are all healthy and doing well. We are happy, moderately successful (school, work, writing, etc.)

The things I have no real control over have all gone well, for which I'm grateful. The things I can control are also going well and that means a lot as well.

The lights haven't gone out, the economy hasn't completely tanked, the dollar hasn't collapsed and we aren't living under martial law. I can still afford to drive to work (and park). I have a good paying job.

I may grouse a lot about the few things that get my dander up but all in all I don't really have much to complain about and I DO have a great deal for which to be thankful.

19. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Family. Large family. Kids all doing well, grankids growing up and several out on their own. Great grans are rapidly moving from carpet critter to yardape status .That and the wonder of still waking up on the right side of the grass.

GOG, NotSoSneaky, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  20. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I am grateful to be home(got back from housesitting for friend Wednesday afternoon). And I'm thankful I found out that being able to use their wifi on my laptop and being online 24/7 is really boring if you're the only one online all the time. Where were all the other people who don't have lives/jobs? Oh yeah, they were in Ferguson...

I'm also thankful for all the loving from the 4leggers when I got home. Kittens didn't wanna be away from me.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7