What Are You Watching (Financial Edition) ongoing feed

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by enloopious, Sep 9, 2022.

1. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

and now Biden's coming after our Bitcoin.

2. enloopious

3. enloopious

As a consumer of cheap Chinese plastic, I find this disheartening.

4. enloopious

5. enloopious

Yeah our economy is a joke...

6. enloopious

7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Maybe the author hasn't gone around the back of the building and noticed all of the ocean containers that they ordered in 2021 season have recently arrived and are filling the backlot.

Our localish target, walmart, meijer stores were pretty much outta stock for back to school, halloween, thanksgiving and xmas in 2021. they had it on order but the entire supply chain from china was locked up. All those containers that sat for months on ships and then months in port are now showing up. Guess what, they don't need product because they finally got their 2021 orders late this summer and are over stocked.

CraftyMofo likes this.
  8. enloopious

The tastes in consumer goods has also changed drastically. The trend from cheap disposable plastic goods is now more focused on durable goods. All of those orders that would have sold wont sell today.

9. VisuTrac

Really?
    How many people (general public) can afford more than 'Made in China' labels?
    People are trying how to feed their families and keep a roof over their heads.

3 dollar made in China trumps 12 dollar made in Japan and 25 dollar made in USA.

The dollar stores are in boom times. And there is a great likelihood that it's going to get worse if you listened to Papa Powell's speech today where he said to get inflation under control, employment was going to soften (fed speak for rising unemployment numbers)

10. enloopious

Yeah according to the press release from Target for share holders. That was the reason they put for cancelling some of their Chinese orders. Personally I see a split where people are starting to wake up but a good number of them can't afford to buy stuff that lasts. The divide is getting larger between the rich and the poor hence the reasons dollar general and dollar tree type stores will also do well.

From daily practical experience there are a lot of people I know not like you who will pay extra for something made in America.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  11. enloopious

12. VisuTrac

The problem with YouTube is that the creators of "Financial Content" have figured out that this is the top paying genre on the platform. There is so much good, bad, stupid and dangerous content on the platform that one really needs some post secondary financial education to figure out which is which.

Seriously, there is some bad advice out there. While some creators have nuggets of information that are useful, there are others that post dire content that drives up their views. The problem is .. are you smart enough to figure out which type of content you are consuming.

There is a financial incentive to the content they create. It doesn't need to be accurate or truthful as there are very few fiduciaries creating free content, it's for entertainment only.

Buyer beware.

chelloveck likes this.
  13. enloopious

Not sure what that has to do with that last video but yeah, that's a problem for a lot of people, especially those with no financial education. What makes it worse is that schools, even colleges, teach nothing or crap when it comes to finances unless that is what you are specializing in. The absolute best thing you can do for your financial situation is get educated. Unless you do that, even if you do come across good information, you wouldn't even know how to recognize it.

A lot of people don't like Robert Kiyosaki for that exact reason. He doesn't say "buy X stock, its going to the moon!" He says to educate yourself financially so you can recognize good info when you see it. He has also made a lot of people very well off with his books, schools, and advice. The problem of course is that its a lot of work and nobody today does any work. They get UBI or welfare and then complain that you can't call it welfare because that's 'discrimination' and all the while they're hoping to get magically rich by doing nothing. The worst advice you can get is free advice. Even if the people are wealthy they can give info that doesn't work for you because you are not on the same page.

That's the reason I started this thread. Information is usable to some but not to others. I was hoping to see some other points of view and sources. I watch everything whether I agree with it or not. If it is useful I do something with it. If it is not I use it to educate myself as to why it doesn't work and what not to do. I'm probably the only one and wasting my time but maybe someone gets something useful from it. If you don't have any financial education or a desire to learn, the videos I'm posting are probably a huge waste of time.

In one of the videos there is a very wealthy Asian guy talking to Tesla owners asking them what they did to earn money. All but one said stupid crap like playing the stock market. There was one guy who started a pot dispensary in CA when it first became legal and took all the profits and put them into Bitcoin when it was around $1200. When it zoomed up he took all the profits from that and put them rental properties and has been living off the income from that. He was the only smart guy in the whole lot and his timing was perfect, but more so, he actually went out and did something. The other useful thing from that video was what not to do. The other people produced nothing, did no work, and had profits from stuff that wont be around long. They are a good example of things that can make you money if you get lucky but not for smart investors.

Here's some free advice that you can take to the bank: the 5 closest people that you spend time with WILL show me exactly how rich you are and will ever be.

CraftyMofo likes this.
  14. VisuTrac

Mark Moss, Max and Stacy .. well if you took some of their advice from a long time you will be sitting on some big losses unless you got in early and also got out early. Celente, his early work was better, currently, kind of an angry man now. Kitco, Vanmeter .. better content. Moss has some good insight but like Celente, wants to sell you a subscription.

Earlier (pre-2019) Youtube financial stuff was way better than most of it today. Today is just about getting views vs educating the average person

Stansberry Research, Kitco, Wealthion, Minority Mindset, Joe Blogs, Andrei Jikh, Mark J. Kohler may provide some of the better content for novice through the advanced investor.

I was actually waiting for you to throw out a Harry Dent video. He is a very sky is falling the world is doomed kinda guy but his study of demographics and aging populations is spot on but it kind gets lost in the rant and obfuscates the true impact of decline of a country.

15. enloopious

You got the wrong opinion of me. You think I'm just looking for the sky is falling kinda guys? I went back and looked through this thread and noticed that you have contributed nothing, but critiqued me specifically. I know Chello is your buddy and all but this thread was created with the specific intent of posting what YOU are currently watching as it relates to the financial world, not following me around and attempting to critique everything I do.

Max and Stacy told everyone to buy BTC when it was $1. Mark Moss told everyone to sell when it was $60-70k. I'm no mathemagician but 6-7million percent profit seems like a good number to me. I'm sorry that you weren't there for it or didn't know how to read the signs but with some education you can be next time. Why don't you try contributing something positive? I guess that would be too risky? Someone might critique your post like you are constantly doing to me? Much easier to poo poo other people. I like Robert Kiyosaki because he warns about taking advice from people like you who have never done anything but know everything and can tell you every way in which you will fail but never how it could work and are too afraid to do it themselves for fear of failure.

16. VisuTrac

I did provide some individuals that I feel offer some solid financial advice.
    I'll reiterate.

Stansberry Research, Kitco, Wealthion, Minority Mindset, Joe Blogs, Andrei Jikh, Mark J. Kohler may provide some of the better content for novice through the advanced investor.

Robert Kiyosaki (author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad) is another good choice which you noted in this thread.

I just leave it up to the reader to search YouTube and review their content as opposed to providing a specific video.

17. enloopious

18. enloopious

So how are these guys getting rich when the whole economy is crashing? financial information is constantly changing. Today's information is worth nothing tomorrow. If you want to be a private equity investor you need do constant research and keep track of what is going on. You need to decide where you want to make your money. Should you be buying or selling?

Kiyosaki keeps track of the gold industry and can see that we are going to be using it as money world wide soon so he has invested big in gold and silver.

19. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Just a question/thought. If today’s information is worthless tomorrow, is it fair to say that I need to be ready to reshuffle my portfolio on any given day based upon that day’s research?

20. VisuTrac

I have some long term holds and may buy more of certain stocks hoping to dollar cost average because i can never pick the bottom that I 'feel/predict' will do extremely well when the fed stops QT and starts QE.

I have some speculative bets that I'm just holding onto as my horizon on them doing anything is out like 5 years.

I use the daily 'news' for my short term trading .. buy and then sell w/in a week.

I sell all my RSUs and ESOPs as soon as they hit my account.

My 401k is just a hope it will still be there when i retire and I'm not leaving the 4k match on the table.

No one has gone broke by taking a profit.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7