WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING NOW? (Ongoing Participation Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brokor, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I love the 100. It is a great show and some of the things that have taken place were so unexpected and others, well I cannot say without spoiling it for those that haven't watched it. Great show.

Minuteman likes this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I am going to give it another look because you speak highly of it. I tried watching a couple episodes, but it didn't suit me because the kids are...so modern and hip? But, yeah. Another try!

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Yeah I had to get past the teen drama theme but it actually fits the story well as they are forced to grow up and face reality to survive. I like it better than Game of Thrones. The storyline has as many twists but it flows better.

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What I thought was interesting was how the kids set up there hierarchy yet the adults implemented different. The different ways that different people dealt with things.

Minuteman likes this.
  5. Minuteman

I thought it was interesting how they grew to mirror the adults. Clarke and Bellamy become like Abby and Marcus. The decisions they make to survive is what I like too. I think the actress who played Lexa made a big mistake leaving the series to star in Fear the Walking Dead. FTWD is a dog. I don't see it lasting much longer.

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Yep I liked the 100 too. All the teen angsty stuff aside. Have actually only watched the first two seasons. I need to catch up.

Have any of you watched Ascension? Really bummed they did not flesh this out more. It is from back in 2014 and labeled a TV mini series. I think it aired on SyFy in 3 parts. I watched it on netflix in 6 parts I think. If you give it a watch let me know what you think. And if you're going to watch it don't spoil it by researching it first. Come back and let us know what you think. Without spoiling it for others, of course. :censored:

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. Minuteman

Thanks Byte I'll check that out. I am always looking for serials to watch when I am at work. I am in the desert for 4 weeks at a time and when I do have the opportunity to watch something I never know when I might get called to come to the rig so I tend to stay away from movies. But I can watch an episode or two of a serial.

8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ganado likes this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Watched Tremors #5 "Bloodlines" Bert Gummer does not disappoint! More Schlock than Glock, but quite entertaining...particularly the out-takes....in fact, forget the film...just watch the out-takes.

Idahoser, Yard Dart and oldawg like this.
  10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Probably some of us here identify with Bert a bit more than we like to admit. (y)

Idahoser, chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  11. chelloveck

Not a bad character to identify with......and yes there are undoubtedly a number of characters here whom I would think would have a passing resemblance ;)

Strong willed to the point of crazy courage, which means that sometimes he'll ignore good advice.
    Strongly opinionated,
    Doesn't suffer fools gladly, but inevitably will sometimes suffer for his own foolishness,
    Has a good generous heart (except when parting with a gun that he particularly likes)
    Guns are virtually the solution to every challenge that gets in the way of mission success,
    Tends to find novel solutions to novel challenges,
    Generally learns from setbacks and mistakes, and doesn't generally replicate them, even if singed, bloodied, bruised, and humiliated the first time.
    He never gives up
    He is fairly adaptable...if one strategy fails, he'll be scheming on an alternative,
    His people skills are sometimes wanting, can be very abrasive and will want to have the last word and want to be "right", even if he might be "wrong"

If I had to confront an arse blaster, Bert would be the one I'd prefer to have at my 12: he'd be just as hazardous to me as the arse blaster if he was at my 6. :eek:

oldawg and Idahoser like this.
  12. Brokor

The Men in Building 7

13. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

F1 SPA

14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

One of the channels is playing a marathon of V for Vendetta

Remember Remember, the fifth of November:

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
    the Gunpowder Treason and Plot,

I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot.
    Guy Fawkes, t’was his intent to blow up King and Parliament.

Three score barrels were laid below to prove old England’s overthrow;
    By God’s mercy he was catch’d with a dark lantern and lighted match.

Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
    Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

Hip hip hoorah!

Yard Dart, Byte and Ganado like this.
  15. Brokor

Sly Fox - Let's Go All The Way

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  16. chelloveck

17. chelloveck

18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Curse of Oak Island

19. chelloveck

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Going through The X-Files with the oldest while she's home between semesters. Currently in season 4. I drive her back on Tuesday.

Yard Dart and chelloveck like this.
  1. chelloveck
  2. Murfylang
  3. UncleMorgan
  4. Cruisin Sloth
  5. phorisc
  6. DKR
  7. OldDude49
  8. Motomom34
  9. Bishop
  10. Bishop
    [img] [MEDIA]