WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING NOW? (Ongoing Participation Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brokor, Mar 26, 2013.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

2. hot diggity

3. hot diggity

4. hot diggity

RIP Meat Loaf, Jan 20, 2022

5. hot diggity

6. hot diggity

7. hot diggity

[​IMG]

SB21 likes this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

^^^^^^^ was that a picture of the Beirut, Lebanon Port Explosion?^^^^^
    Notice that the authors of this video, NEVER put the blame for this detonation, on the local Fire Department for pumping water into the burning building, where Ammonium Nitrate is burning... Even the Stupidest American FireFighter knows, "YOU NEVER, NEVER, EVER, put Water on Burning Ammonium Nitrate... ie The Texas City Disaster... Fertilizer Plant Fire & Detonation, in Texas a few years back... and a fire and Detonation of a Fertilizer Storage Facility in Germany, back in the late 1800s... One would think that this lesson would be universally taught, even in Third World Countries...

SB21, mysterymet and hot diggity like this.
  9. hot diggity

The contents of the warehouse at 8:52 are amazing. "...23 tons of fireworks ...and five rolls of slow burning det cord.".

The whole warehouse was one big powder keg waiting for a spark.

SB21 likes this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Obviously the Film Maker isn’t familiar with the characteristics of Det-Cord… It doesn’t “BURN” it detonates at around 6400 Meters per Second… So saying “Slow Burning” is a total misnomer… and “five rolls” wouldn’t be what any Powderman would characterize as more than a simply Primer Magazine Stock… When compared to the Thousands of TONS, of Ammonium Nitrate stored in the same Large Warehouse… Oh, and By the By, Ammonium Nitrate is NOT Cap, or Det-Cord sensitive… It would require, at minimum, a 5# Booster to Detonate.. Typically, Det-Cord is a PETN based Plastic Tube with 25-50 Grains per foot, and has a Spec’d Detonation Rate on each roll, or lot…. This allows a Good Powderman to calculate the timing of a Controlled multi- Loaded Charge detonation, very precisely…

SB21, hot diggity and VisuTrac like this.
  11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

You know, I think i'm just sitting in my office. Looking out the window at life and society go about their day.
    Blissfully ignorant that the world they know is crumbling.
    Some are noticing that the thin veil of civility is developing some holes.
    Still they haven't figured out that the homeless person pan-handling them for a onesie or minibar bottle may actually survive longer than they will.

Kind hope I can get out of the system before it goes. Not sure if i will or not.
    It really is kind of a race.

I guess I'm just watching the world implode.
    I wonder if the series will be renewed next season or be cancelled outright.

Dunerunner, SB21, hot diggity and 2 others like this.
  12. hot diggity

13. hot diggity

14. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Just watched Reacher... was fairly good but some of it was kinda over the top... IMHO

15. hot diggity

SB21 likes this.
  16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That Butterbean was an anomaly ,,, no one would look at him and expect him to get as far as he did in the sport.

17. hot diggity

There are several spots where he takes a hit to the face and smiles. :) He was certainly a showman. Physics had much to do with his success. I'm imagining a brick, attached to a tree trunk, stuck to a mountain. When he connected with a punch the power came all the way from bedrock.

SB21 likes this.
  18. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

well... with all that's going on... I find I could use a bit of humor n such... SO...

Konosuba... season 1 and 2 and a movie... all are IMHO very humorous and I find at least 1 big grin or outright laugh with each episode...

wonderful world??? well... not exaclty... n them giant frogs... n the low IQ water goddess... n explosion magic... n the masochistic paladin... undead witch?...

"A Spectacular Anime RPG brimming withFantasy, laughter, and EXPLOSIONS!KonoSuba: Fantastic Days is here to transport you to another world."

https://beta.crunchyroll.com/de/series/GYE5K3GQR/konosuba-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-world

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5370118/

if ya do decide to watch it let me know your opinion...

19. hot diggity

20. hot diggity

SB21 likes this.
  1. chelloveck
  2. Murfylang
  3. UncleMorgan
  4. Cruisin Sloth
  5. phorisc
  6. DKR
  7. OldDude49