what browser and email do you use

Discussion in 'Technical' started by OldDude49, Dec 21, 2020.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

don't care for a lot of em... presently using firefox and mozilla seamonkey but thunderbird is not working for godaddy's new 365...

so what do you guys use????

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Safari is for us, here... and AppleMail...

3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Most of the time, Safari.

4. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Firefox browser. Email is thru my ISP. I have and occasionally use T-bird on the W10 machine. Still using M$ outlook on the W7 machine. Agree that T-bird is near, but NOT the same as M$ products and not yet as user friendly. I categorically refuse to pay rent to M$ for that crap 365 thingus.

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I use Firefox and occasionally TOR and Chromium (Open source Chrome without Google spyware)

email - hotmail because my account goes back to the 1990's and that's what friends and relatives use to communicate with me. I use protonmail for it's encryption and dedication to privacy for sensitive things. I have one account there I use initially for face to face purchases like craigslist or forum classifieds. They may get my real email once I have established they are real and benign.

ghrit likes this.
  6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Firefox and Protonmail, with Yahoo mail old accounts. I read mail on someone else's server always, so no outlook or Tbird.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  7. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

found a temp fix for thunderbird... which was not working correctly... reverted to previous version... works fine now...

took awhile but got it so it would download emails... but then the emails would just disappear... no reason that I could see...

so tried the version just before their last one... and it all works fine now...

not sure I care for the IMAP system verses the POP... but had to move to it...

will try and keep everyone posted... safari? is that for apple?

8. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

safari is apple

apple is doin evil stuff n things

whatever gud stuff they may or may not have done has been erased by recent activities they have engaged in

3cyl and mysterymet like this.
  9. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Currently I use Firefox with the search engine set to DuckDuckGo. For Email, well I first got online in '99 using AOL. So I still have my AOL Email account. Only now I don't have the software on my PC, I just go to their web site.

10. JediWoodsman

JediWoodsman Insomnia Monkey

Now that Mozilla (firefox/thunderbird) has come out saying that deplatforming Trump and his supporters isn't going far enough, anyone else thinking of making a change? I already use the DuckDuckGo browser on my cell, but I don't think they have a PC version. What decent options do we have left?

-JW

3cyl and Dark Wolf like this.
  11. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

I use duuckduckgo on mobile. I am experimenting with brave as a replacement for firefox, but I am still looking for something else

12. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

13. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

14. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

yes they have a pc version... and with some browsers you can select others as well...

15. JediWoodsman

JediWoodsman Insomnia Monkey

I can't seem to find it, I see the Firefox extension/add-on, which I currently run, but I was hoping for an independent browser. The have one for mobile that I really like, but looks like only add-ons for PC browsers.

-JW

16. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

sorry... my bad... misunderstood your request...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7