What do you do on Nov. 3rd if Obama wins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Aug 6, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Normally, I don't like posts like this, but I think the probability is high and you will see an immediate series of unrestrained Exec. Orders that will limit liberty and life as we know it.

I know I will change some priorities if he doesn't win...but, I'm not sure about any changes if he does. I've been operating under the assumption that he will win for a while so I'll continue doing what I'm doing. But, I'm sure one of you will unearth something I haven't given much attention.

I will probably really give a lot more thought to items along these lines

ZAA-250_A.
    ZAA-250_A. ZAA-250_A.

Yard Dart and tulianr like this.
  2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Sorry Guit, nothing against you, but I am so over the we have to hide our stuff posts. If you need to hide it, it's time to use it, PERIOD!!!

3. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

For me, it will be just more of the same. I'm not sure that our civil liberties would be any more secure with someone else in the White House. Republican or Democrat will make little difference.

I'm with you though Guit - stay quiet and under the radar. Subterfuge and caching is the way to go until there is no other option. Our civil liberties are indeed slipping away, but rushing our local city hall with weapons will not return them. My weapons are for criminals and animals, not shooting at Americans in uniform, who are just following orders. I just don't think I could pull the trigger on a police officer or military member as long as they were not committing felonious assault on a family member. I don't blame those guys because we allowed our liberties to erode due to apathy.

Until enough Americans are fed up to the point that we recall ninety percent of the congressmen and senators in D.C., nothing will change for the better. All we can do is to prepare, keep our heads down, and hope that eventually enough Americans will wake and smell the coffee.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

BAAAAAAAAA

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

“As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air – however slight – lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.” -- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Some may be sitting around awaiting the defining moment in which the people unite and resist tyranny in a single battle. I am going to tell you what you probably do not want to hear --that time will most likely never come. The purposeful erosion of our liberties --this steady, constant, pervasive, and incremental march toward tyranny is by design. The majority of people have been acclimated to conditions far outside the normal parameters of what it was like to live in a democratic republic. Slowly, one by one, the good will be herded into the confines of group-think. The war of the mind will take its toll long before a single rifle is raised in opposition.

There was a time, long ago when the people did not expect their government to take on the role of savior. With a new enemy found in 'terrorism', the entire world can either choose to accept its role as pawns in this game for control, or slowly burn out and succumb to change. The age of defending against an invading army has given way to an imaginary enemy which serves only to further criminalize a once free people and to isolate any resistance before it has a chance to spark into revolt. It is in this way we have become our own greatest enemy.

6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I constantly wonder why madmen kill innocents randomly around the USA when there are so many worthless wasteful air breathers in Washington DC. A true target rich environment.

ditch witch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I guess the pic threw everybody. I should've found a pic of an empty hole.

This I know Brokor....I've been saying it for a while. We are being cooked like lobsters.

Mountainman: I should've been more clear. I've never considered burying ammo, weapons, or food...I saw no need. But now....I think it would be smart. I've changed my long-term prepping plans. I think there will be more shootings before the election if the puppetmasters are behind these latest two. I'm positive the end result of the one in WI was the scripted ending for the one in CO., but things didn't go as planned. If so, they are coming after the Constitution in a more overt way than before (and they're using these shootings as leverage). So, the question would be, will your prepping change? Are you going to do anything differently?

I'm not looking for a "what event is going to cause Civil War" post...there's already one of those about a week ago. I'm looking for any changes that will be made in your prepping. For example, what if the .gov started keeping a registry on food stores because it could be a proxy for "domestic terrorists." All they need to do to get the public to go along with this is to have one of these nutbag shooters have a bunch of food stores at home.

For example:
    two_cols_divider. blank. two_cols_divider. blank.

8. tulianr

Really? If you have a plan, let's hear it, instead of breeding noises.

9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I am not going to go lone wolf, Since I indicated a like for what Mountainman said and then read yours, and two things came to mind. First I disagree with your conclusions. I think when this thing lights up, a large portion of the military and law enforcement will be spearheading the revolution. Check out the Oathkeepers website. I have said it before and I will repeat myself for you. In the military and law enforcement you have good and bad, informed and uninformed, mature and young and rash. Their will be splits among the ranks across all levels from the trainee to the police commissioner. From the boot the the generals. As this is sorting itself out, civilians will be doing the same think. Vetting allies. The torch of freedom and liberty will light a civil war. After that the winners will be all that matters. Those that merely sit on the fence are of little use. Most are gutless sheep who will be caught in the crossfire. Sorry to offend, but it needed to be said. So, yes really!

Mountainman likes this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There need not be a "plan" in fact there is much advantage (at this stage of the "game") to remain planless and leaderless, staying under the radar. If things go pear shaped, it will not take long to sort out friend from foe. That said, there will be large scale losses until the friends get organized which has to happen if success is achieved. To say, be ready to step up or get the hell out of the way.

11. tulianr

"When it is time to hide it, it is time to use it" is a nice chest beating sentiment. I understand it, and appreciate it for what it is. I'm not disagreeing with the sentiment, but so far the only people I see "using it" are the recent nutcases who have allegedly attacked innocents, and their attacks have nothing to do with resisting the authorities.

Guit's original photo was of a storage container for weapons and ammo. It had nothing to do with a Civil War starting. Maybe you assume that when time comes to hide weapons, a civil war will necessarily begin. I don't happen to agree. Weapons have already been seized - comprehensively during Katrina, and selectively throughout the country, and no Civil War occurred.

My post had nothing to do with a Civil War. I was referring to gun confiscation, which may or may not lead to a Civil War. I have quite a few friends who have chosen to be police officers in my community, and I do not intend to put a bullet into their chests when they show up at my door and say, "Sorry dude, but I was sent to collect any firearms that you have on the premises." I will happily hand over a thirty year old non-functioning piece of scrap iron, and tell them to have a nice day." They will be happy. I will be happy. Any other firearms which might theoretically exist would be theoretically safely tucked away for the time when I did actually need them.

If indeed a Civil War occurs, I agree with your comments concerning said conflict, the military will be split, police forces will be split, families and communities will be split - just as in every other civil conflict which has ever occurred any where in the world. I would hope that you and I would be on the same side in such a conflict, and assume that we would be. Unless of course you were off playing with the sheep (that's a joke, by the way). ;)

But really, from one old salt to another, I appreciate well thought out comments, even those which disagree with my post. Animal noises, not so much. I have those outside in the pasture.

12. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

That's exactly what I'm talking about:

To do:
    Must buy POS firearm to hand over to jackboots and sack-full of old XX shotgun shells.

Thanks!! [winkthumb]

13. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

All well thought out posts from a group I consider learned as both patriot and prepper.Myself I think this year could be the year for it to happen. Liberty lost.I don't worry much about the sheep. They'll stay out of the way.I don't worry about the LEOs or Military that will blindly obey unconstitutional orders.They will be greatly out numbered. As a threeper ,tho well past the age, I believe there are more than enough of us to bring our nation back to it's roots.Dissenting opinions are fine. Read some of the writings of the founders and you see how strongly they disagreed at times. The outcome was a strong nation. They say history repeats itself. I hope in this case it does. As for me I seem to remember where one of my boating accidents happened. With the wife taking her ccw course this weekend I believe a fishing trip is in order. Other preps also may be stepped up.

14. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

When I hear my MOTHER (always taught me to turn the other cheek) say the same thing it makes me wonder if you are truely onto something.

"I'm a parent. I haven't got the luxury of principles."
    -Benjamin Martin

Wether he actually said this or it was a line in the movie "The Patriot" it strikes a cord with me. There are going to be those out there that do not have the "luxury" to stand up and fight for what they believe in as they are trying to protect their loved ones. These individuals may choose to hunker down and keep their heads low while the rest fight it out. While doing so they are giving way to the possibility of both sides winning and are willing to accept the consiquences as a tradeoff to preserve their families lives.

In "The Patriot" Benjamin Martin is forced into the fight after his son goes to war and a he aids the enemies of Britain, American soldiers who the British would call terrorists.

I am not saying one way is right and the other way is wrong, we just need to understand why those around us will choose a certain path and not hold it against them.

TwoCrows, oldawg, tulianr and 2 others like this.
  15. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

As they say, don't put all of your eggs in the same basket. I once was going to leave my residence for 6 months without a live in house sitter. In North Charleston SC this would not be considered a prudent thing to do. I hid my prized possessions quite well, and left other lesser items where they normally would be found. I made sure my insurance was upgraded to replacement value and that I had lots of pictures, sales receipts, and serial numbers. ...... guess what, I did get broke into and ripped off. When it was a said and done, I came out way over the top money wise. My point, is yes some things will be disposed of but will be retrieveable at a later date. I have written an after my death letter, and two trusted relatives have sealed copies that are unique and must be opened in a certain way for their mutual benefit. Like a treasure letter, one won't get it done. You need them both. I won't give up what I have willingly or easily. I am too old and tired of this BS to care about civil or nice. Some lines you just don't cross.
    Two old quotes come to mind. "It's a good day to die" and "Freedom's just another word for, Nothing left to Lose".
    On a slightly different note: Live or die, my preps are a legacy for my closest family and closest friends.

16. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Well, I am getting an arc welder next week and crafting some window bars and tightening security even more. =) No sense in having preps if you can't keep them.

As for the coming war, I remain optimistic that we will eventually pull through --but, we will pay a terrible price. The "sane" people will call anyone crazy for even saying we are living on the brink of civil war...but those people are still part of the matrix and never had a chance to speak with the Oracle.
    [stoner]

VisuTrac, tulianr and Silversnake like this.
  17. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

Those unwilling to fight because they are parents must be willing to accept slavery or worse, not only for themselves but also for their children.

If enough stay out of the fight the evil overlords may win, should they then decide that you and yours do not fit into their plans for the future, what will you do then ?

18. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.
    When they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.
    When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a Jew.
    When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.

19. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

This parenting bit is off-topic--I just don't see the connection. I don't know where that came from, but, let's steer this back to specific things you plan on doing or contingencies when the Kenyan wins.

20. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I have told some of our views , and get the "Your such a downer !!" or more.Just lay low and keep way under the radar.
    Best to keep quite.

Sloth

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7