What do you do on Nov. 3rd if Obama wins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Aug 6, 2012.

1. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

You are right Guit, crack the whip sooner why dont ya! j/k

I am going to:
    Make sure I get more ammunition
    Get to the range more often and pratice situational shooting more than 2 times a year at the sportsmans club
    Continue to put away what I already do
    Search out other like minded people to make sure I have others to rely on (maybe even talk to my family about it, even though that is risky)
    Build Skill Sets

Lastly:

Apply for a new job. Once the election is over coporations will have a more certain picture of what is ahead and should start hiring again.

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Aren't you doing all of those things now? I'm looking for deviations from the norm (e.g., like having a sacrificial gun).

3. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I can see a connection, because I think the discussion has broadened to "What do you plan to do when the Kenyan wins, AND more civil liberties are stripped away."

I think that is a natural expansion for most folks, considering some of the legislation signed by Obama during the first four years. I think the quote from "The Patriot" was insightful, because our particular circumstances are very pertinent to how we react to a given situation. A single person has options not available to a married person, a childless couple has options not available to someone with a large family, a person with considerable financial means has options not available to someone with meager resources.

I love that quote by the character Benjamin Martin, "I'm a parent. I haven't got the luxury of principles.", because many of us find ourselves in that situation at one time or another, even if it is the decision not to tell your boss to get stuffed because your kids need the health insurance provided by your job.

In my own case, I have a large number of animals, and a child; so all of my preparations are centered around bugging in, and existing within a rural community. Steps I have taken over the past ten years or so have been taken in consideration of my circumstances. I bought a decent sized tract of property with plenty of water, wild life, and wild forage, bordered by a large stream on two sides. I built a house, with a basement, well off the road, and put in proper fencing. All along the way, I worked harder and spent way more money than I would have otherwise done because I wanted to prepare for an uncertain future. The steps I will take when things start to seriously go awry will vary greatly from a single guy living in an apartment.

I don't see where any specific steps are required just because Obama is elected to another four years. Ours is already an uncertain world. I think the thread draws deeper meaning by expanding the thought out to what if he is elected and (.......) happens.

4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I wasn't trying to dismiss your story, I just didn't see a connection there to the thread.

5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm doing the same thing I was doing on Nov. 2. And on Oct. 2 and Sept. 2.
    Chopping firewood, canning food, looking forward to Nov. 15th (opening day of deer season but i'll have to borrow a gun after my terrible boating accident) and remaining vigilant.

Are we to do something different?

tulianr and Silversnake like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Status will remain quo, but I might go diving. I think I know where the boat is, if it's still there.

oldawg, tulianr and VisuTrac like this.
  7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

That's my question. What are you going to be doing different than before (if anything). I'm not doing anything different and was asking the group for ideas.

I like the one about having a cheap gun.
    Contemplating cache.

8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I think there's merit to a discussion about what you choose to do as a single person vs. what you have to do as a parent. But, that's a much broader topic than I wanted here. If I got the drift: do you go out in a blaze of glory when they try to take your arms while your children look on in horror, or, do you give in an accompany the jackboots down to the local FEMA center and take it one day at a time? I get it...just not what I am looking for.

I just wanted bullet points.

How many of you have a police scanner? Can you even pick those conversations up anymore? Or, is everything encrypted?

tulianr likes this.
  9. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

When you wrote "I will probably really give a lot more thought to items along these lines" and then have a pic of a storage tube, it's hard to think of anything else. Unless you were talking about the other items in the pic? My prepping plans are not going to change since what I am prepping for is economic collapse and/or government meltdown, and we all know what that means.
    Exactly right! Our .goob and their handlers know that flat out outlawing guns or declaring Martial Law would start it; so brainwashing, dumbing down and dependence are used for compliance of the masses (sheeple).
    I can see where you might think the "time to hide it, time to use it" statement can be chest beating, but I firmly believe in that statement and only use it on this site. I just get so tired seeing the "I'm going to hide it" or "lost in a boating accident" posts. Anyone that thinks that .goob will not thoroughly search your property for firearms, because they know you have/had them, is living in dreamland. I also have no idea what you mean by the nutbags using "time to hide it, time to use it" in their shootings because what that statement means has nothing to do with what happened.

TwoCrows, ozarkgoatman and tulianr like this.
  10. tulianr

Mountainman, no offense intended with the "chest beating" remark; and I agree with your thought that officials will thoroughly search for firearms, if they have reason to suspect that you have them.

As a side note, since the subject of caching has come up, I read once that burying items in a run-in stall or barn lot, an area where animals urinate a lot, would inhibit the use of metal detectors. I can't speak to the validity of it, but I may try an experiment with my son's metal detector and see. Certainly, scattering many many metallic items in an area where things are to be cached would be a decent idea. After so many false positives, they may very well just go away.

Something else that may help is to let them find something small, if they are absolutely sure that you have hidden items. That was an approach that I've seen used with an extremely exacting individual conducting an inspection in the Marine Corps. If they aren't going to stop until they find something, let them find something little, and they may just go away.

Another thought is something I used to tell my young Marines concerning contraband in the barracks - "If you're going to hide something, put it where no one wants to look." "Put that bottle of booze in the middle of your dirty laundry, surrounded by your dirty skivvies and PT gear, and no one is going to stick their hand in there to find it." Perhaps a septic tank access point would be a good spot to hang something.

11. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

No offense taken and I know why you would say that with all the internet tough guys out there. I believe that this is not the case on the Monkey and you can pretty much take what people say here as no BS.

Have not ever heard of urine inhibiting a metal detector, but I think that if .goob comes looking they will be a little more high tec and use ultrasound to look for hollow spots in the ground.

tulianr and tacmotusn like this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and just what .gooberment entity do you think is going to fly, all the way out here, into the Alaskan Bush, to collect my neighbors, and my weapons? I mean, REALLY....We have one state Trooper, to cover 1000 Square Miles, and he would not follow any such order, if it was given to him.... and if he tried it alone, he would disappear without a trace after the first attempt.... That might actually happen in some BIG Cities, but never happen out here in the bush... It just isn't realistic...

tacmotusn likes this.
  13. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

The best way to separate the people from their weapons is to separate them from their "fort." Create some emergency (e.g., flu, civil unrest) to get people to willing to go to the Fusion centers. It's easier to check a person for arms there and it's not like you can tote your ammo around there. The Stalinist administration will not go at this with a hammer; their solution will be shrewd and cunning just like everything else they do.

tulianr likes this.
  14. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Once they inject you with the "truth serum" it isn't going to matter.

truth. tin-foil-hat-3.
    truth. truth. tin-foil-hat-3. tin-foil-hat-3.

15. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

The only thing I would bury is some scrap iron.

Let them dig up my pastures, they need a good plowing anyway.

16. tulianr

If my economic and family situation allowed it, I'd be in as a remote location as you are, but I'd have to pick a warmer spot. Three months of winter, I can deal with, but ten months of winter is just plain silly. You've got a beautiful place up there, but sixty degrees ain't what I call summer.

17. HK_User

I do not think any should feel safe.

With ever increasing use of Ground Penetrating Radar and Drones if you become a target then figure a vist of hundreds, not just one LEO.

Times they have changed.

Media and Feds look for the biggest bang/media yell for the buck.

tulianr likes this.
  18. HK_User

Denial is the most dangerous survival tool there is.

Figure the worst case and go many steps more.

YMMV

tulianr likes this.
  19. tulianr

Which is why staying under the radar is becoming an increasingly wise survival strategy. If you show up on the radar, they will come. Taking a look at how resistance cells operated in Nazi occupied Europe would be a good thing, I believe, even though technology has advanced since that time. The basic concepts are still pertinent.

20. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

Maybe I misunderstood the point of this thread.

If the intent was asking what we would do if Zero gets re-elected and nothing changes, then continuing as before is the answer.

However, I question that happening, as statements were made about having more freedom to act after re-election.

So I assumed that you were meaning the same.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7