What do you do with leftovers? Today... fried rice

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Hanzo, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

We had leftover grilled sausage and peppers. Also had some leftover rice. I don't make fried rice too often, but it was delicious.

Since I didn't have enough old rice to feed wifee, little monkey and myself, I made more. Big monkey was at a sleepover at her buddy's.

While the rice was cooking, I prepped. Minced a bunch of fresh garlic, chopped up fresh onion, sliced fresh green onion, scrambled a few eggs in a bowl, and cut up the leftovers. When the rice was done, I cranked up the stove to high heat. When it was smoking hot, I added oil and dumped in the garlic. A quick stir, then the onions. A generous pinch of my seasoning mix. Another quick stir, then I tossed in the leftover sausage and peppers. Shut the heat.

[​IMG]

After a minute or so of stirring, I poured it out into another container. Cranked the heat back up and added more oil. I just used olive oil since it was at hand. Added the old rice, then the new rice. Mixed it for a while, Added a splash of sesame oil. Mixed some more. Let it sit for a little bit more to add a tiny bit of char on the bottom to go with the smoky flavor of the leftovers. Stirred. Added a splash of soy sauce and stirred. When it was about where I wanted it, I added the stuff I cooked earlier and mixed it all up. Then I poured the raw scrambled eggs over the top and mixed. Because it was hot, it cooked through really quickly.

[​IMG]

Wifee and I like it peppery, so lots of fresh ground pepper on ours. None for the monkey. A little splash of shoyu and garnish with fresh green onions. A fresh dish from leftovers. (Yesterday, I used some leftover sausage in soup too.)

[​IMG]

A couple servings like that and a couple cups of hot green tea, and I call it good and full.

tacmotusn, Motomom34 and ghrit like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Hanzo and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Never made bubbles & squeak but I take my leftover mashed potatoes, scramble and egg throw in some cheese, spices and fry them. The family loves it.

Hanzo, tacmotusn and chelloveck like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7