What do you (EDC) carry ?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by bladefrenzy, Jun 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bladefrenzy

bladefrenzy Monkey+++

I somehow manged to leave ou what I usually carry , lol.
    My EDC is usually a Benchmade 520 plain edge and Vic Farmer and a Leatherman Charge. I use a modded cut down machete alo . I just gott aRanger Afghan Bush , I think I'm gonna really gonna like it.

2. kevinh

kevinh Monkey+

Wenger Traveler (I think) with serrated main blade in deep pocket and CRKT Mt Shasta clipped on. SOG multi in my pack next to the flashlight. Really like CRKT's....own several. Tend to collect whatever catches my fancy but am still learning to make my own. Not a big fan of assisted openers although I do have a couple.

3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have a Spyderco Police serrated in my pocket and an A.G. Russel Sting around my neck. When in the field, I also carry a belt knife, usually a Puma White Hunter or my Valkman Fighter. There is also a small Victornox on my keychain.

4. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

My wife and I both carry the Gerber Prodigy. I also have my hand made 10 inch double edged Bowie built from Volkswagon torsion bar steel. Kingfish

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You know, it's rare to see somebody else carry a folding fish fillet knife. To me, they are virtually indispensable.

6. Huntinbull

Huntinbull Monkey+

I use mine for fileting small to medium fish and during deer processing. Also grab it for some cooking chores.

7. redhawk

redhawk Monkey++

I carry a Boker Wharcom. I purchased this knife on Amazon for cheap, and have been EXTREMELY happy with its performance thus far.[beer]

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Hey Brokor ... someone mispelled your name and is using it to sell knives... better call a lawyer....;)

Brokor likes this.
  9. ezbite

ezbite 5miles from mosquito lake

thats because you only catch small to medium fish.lol. J/K buddy, i couldnt help myself[drooling]

10. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Most of the time I have a Kershaw in my pocket. Right now it is the Ken Onion Blur. I swapped out my Benchmade Apparition for it, the Apparition was left in a pants pocket and in the washer.....and all of the stainless dowels came out.....and I haven't replaced them yet. I like the Blur better anyway to be honest, half the price, seems to keep a better edge, and is a lot lighter. <TABLE class=prod-detail cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=prod-detail-lt>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

In my pack I carry a couple of knifes, one of my favorites is the Becker BK9

[​IMG]

Brokor likes this.
  11. sasfish

sasfish Monkey+

I have a cold steel carbon v tanto and a carbon v srk

TheDC likes this.
  12. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Just my tiny old Camillus demolition knife.

13. dewber

dewber Monkey+

I carry a Cold Steel Voyager folder and if I need a fixblade i carry my Mission MPS 10" Ti my friends and family chipped in to get me on my bday.

TheDC likes this.
  14. Huntinbull

Huntinbull Monkey+

I was not offended by that comment EZ. I just considered the source!! LOL. A longer blade makes filleting larger fish SOOOO much easier. BUT a long blade makes it tough to handle for small to medium fish.

15. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Mostly The Redneck Pocket Sabre (Buck 110 or Kabar equivalent). Like back in the day, when in the woods I have a nice a Marine Kabar on a cargo strap that allows the sheath to ride in a cargo pocket. A hatchet is on the backpack if needed.

jim

16. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

This is a Finnish military issue Sissi Puukko; my favorite sheath knife.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The roller secures the knife.

Bison_Forge likes this.
  17. skyking

skyking Monkey+

I've carried a Buck Stockman for yrs and busted my old one and the new ones don't come close to the old black handles,I've pretty much switched over to my Buck Multi Tool and Case Sod Buster Jr.

18. Double Ott

Double Ott Monkey+++

19. LogOut

LogOut Monkey+

My favorite knife

I've carried a Case folding hunter nearly every day since the day I bought it nearly thirtysix years ago at the Base PX in Port Hueneme. I like the idea of using two blades so one can be used for rough use and the other I keep sharp enough to shave with.
    $(KGrHqIOKnUE4Ky8qwPGBOEO(Tl,Gw~~0_3.

dystopia and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  20. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I like the feel and beefiness of the Spyderco Manix. I also always have a Leatherman on my belt.
    photo1.

Hispeedal2 likes this.
  1. Hanzo
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. 3M-TA3
  7. GOG
  8. JLRhiner
  9. Hanzo
  10. Hanzo