What do you (EDC) carry ?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by bladefrenzy, Jun 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. squiddley

squiddley Monkey+++

I carry a buck swiss army knife made by Wenger.

2. Bison_Forge

Bison_Forge Aspiring Knifemaker

Huh? Would you mind re-phrasing that? It sounds like a very interesting knife.

3. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

If i got pants on, Then I got my Ridgerunner clipped in my left front pocket. Being Ambidextrous is a Good Thing. :)

4. Bumbury

Bumbury Monkey+

Ka-Bar standard USMC fighting knife model 1217... Was my dads knife he caried in vietnam... That knife has beeb thru alot with my dad a me... And is in great shape... No chips dings or bends... Plan on giving it to my kids one day

5. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I carry a Smith & Wesson tactical folder and in my jump bag I carry a
    Kbar Warthog fixed blade in my jump bag very tough knife.

6. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

Wow. How can I resist an opportunity to show this off . .

Custom designed by . . . ME. Built by Miller Knives (Clearwater, FL). It is a weak-side ice pick grip backup knife. The blade is 6.4" long.

I ain't showing my strong-side primary knife. [drooling]

therumbler700.

ExHelot, Falcon15 and Bison_Forge like this.
  7. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Benchmade Auto-Stryker (right side) and Benchmade Auto Presidio (left side) and a Cold Steel Rajah I in my man purse (which also has my CCW).

8. Prometheus

Prometheus Monkey+

Trying to remember the last time a spydeco want in my pocket, I own several models-police rescue classic a couple I can't name that the wife got me....all spydeco all stainless all serrated. they are Strictly backup....kimber is always on me somewhere :)

9. Buckskin

Buckskin Monkey+

I am wondering how you all EDC the long knives with out carrying them in a bag?

10. LogOut

LogOut Monkey+

Nothing fancy but still a keeper...

Unbeknownst to me my son's Scout troop had a group buy on several Mora knives. This is what he brought home for me the other day.

Its pretty sharp right outta the box so to speak.
    This kid's doing alright in my book ! :D
    Mora.

Brokor likes this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

VERY cool kid!! Congrats.

LogOut likes this.
  12. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

I use an inside the waistband sheath. The only thing sticking up above my belt is the knife handle and that is tucked in so close to me it is invisible unless I have my shirt off.

In my case, the recurve blade fits the contour of my butt/hip perfectly sitting down. Remember I carry this weak side, ice pick grip, so the (long) cutting edge is forward.

How someone could conceal a 6" + straight blade comfortably AND effectively - I don't know.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Monkey+

Same here, but I carry my Infidel more often. I need to start having one on my left side.... maybe the stryker but it's not really left hand friendly. I could swap sides...

If I"m around the homestead or in the woods I strap a Kabar to my belt with the sheath down in my right front pocket. (took the snap strap off so it bends as I move) All you see is the handle, nothing if I have a jacket or shirt untucked. Kinda like showing nothing yet having a 7" fixed blade.

14. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

For what it is worth . . .

I'm of the mind that should the worst happen there is a realistic possibility my strong side hand/arm may be put out of action.

There is a fairly large body of evidence indicating "most people" tend to fire at the specific threat (the gun, if you have one in your hand).

Prudence would therefore seem to suggest not only being prepared to engage weak side only but that whatever effort (training) was necessary be undertaken be undertaken to become as proficient with the weak side as the strong side.

. . don't misinterpret that as implying this would be something easy to do. I've worked for YEARS on this specifically and still wind up having to cheat. The knife above is evidence of it.

That knife exists specifically because I have yet to establish equivalent dexterity and coordination in my weak side knife skills.

. . . my strong side knife is not a recurve and not carried to accommodate an ice pick grip so that I can grasp the weapon and simply "punch out" to engage the threat effectively. . :oops:

Bison_Forge and Sapper John like this.
  15. poke2000

poke2000 Monkey+

Dang! Awesome set of blades. My wallet has a Syderco Credit Card Folder. But I used to carry a first response rescue blade. I still have it and it still works but it has seen better days. Its been used alot. Its been repaired alot. Its been dropped many times. Its not a work of art like the ones on this thread but its always been there. I lost it once while diving in Oahu I was distraught about so much went back to try and find it the middle of the night didn't have much hope but I found in four feet of water on top of a concrete pylon with its pale metal blade seemingly glint through the water. Its a good knife. Its my knife. By the way its a 3-inch folder. It has a partial serrated edge with curve point used for mostly for prying thing open. A seat belt cutter on the handle and a sharp glass breaking carbide tip. The spring assist no longer works but the locking mechanism always kept my blade steady and firm. Hey. Are we allowed to mention where we get our gear from? Not manufacturing companies but from retail?

16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sure.

17. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I get monthly sale emails from Knife Center and somewhere else. I haven't bought anything from either in like several years. I see good stuff there all the time- especially sale stuff. At a certain point, you just can't justify buying many more knives. I really have to fight that impulse.

HK_User likes this.
  18. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I thought I was a knife whore....then my wife spent $400+ on a set of Cutco knifes. I will admit, the Cutco she bought me few years ago is probably my favorite knife for gutting, skinning, and cleaning. Stays sharp. Deer after deer.

19. Whitewolf

Whitewolf Monkey+

I carry a CRKT M16, A Gerber Multi-tool and a Swiss Army knife.

20. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

For those looking for a daily carry knife, here is another email I get from Knife Outlet:

Knife Outlet

1. Hanzo
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. 3M-TA3
  7. GOG
  8. JLRhiner
  9. Hanzo
  10. Hanzo
  11. Andy the Aussie