What do you (EDC) carry ?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by bladefrenzy, Jun 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mikeh53

mikeh53 Monkey+

Leatherman Super tool (biggest one they made) in case on my right hip, Box Cutter knife with TC blades (3 extra inside) in my left back pocket, and a Leatherman mini on my key ring with mini mag light and 3 ft tape measure. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
    The Leatherman’s are sharp enough to shave with in addition to many other uses... this is my EDC... Walmart, church, docs office... everywhere. if i am in the woods its different... Note this is not all my EDC just the blades.

2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

3. shotgunner

shotgunner Monkey+

I carry a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek in S30V. I keep it hair popping sharp with my wicked edge. This knife rocks!

4. calebra

calebra Monkey+

Most of the time SOG salute or cold steel safemaker 1.

5. Gerber FAST full size

6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I carried one of them during a few tours of Vn. and I still have it also. It was engraved with nickname, unit, location and date. Add Airborne and a peace sign.
    :D

7. Charliefox

Charliefox Monkey+

I carry a Kershaw Skyline most days, a Gerber LST if I'm in the office, or a SAK Recruit. My knives are tools first, so using them in a defensive manner is a secondary concern.

8. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

Gerber FAST DRAW most days I don't think it would stand up to hard use but work well for an everyday pocket knife.

9. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Too lazy to take my own picture, but this is on my side every day.
    BU1220.

TheDC likes this.
  10. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

You folks make me feel so 20th Century/old fashioned...

I carry an old Buck Folding Hunter I got in the early '70s and an early Leatherman (marked "patent pending") that was my Father-in-law's...both with original leather "sheaths".

11. wretch05

wretch05 Monkey+

esse izula and sak

RAMBOCAT likes this.
  12. Paul 2.0

Paul 2.0 Monkey+

Gerber Obsidian fine edge. Bit of a multitool, but quite easy to fine stuff to do with it.
    lg_1204799_1.

13. m 99

m 99 Monkey+++

Spyderco mariner, and carry a Busse scrap yard dumpster mutt in my bag i carry with me to work.

14. Handlebar

Handlebar Monkey+

Benchmade of one sort or another is my edc. Right now, a Nitrous Stryker.

15. bushrat

bushrat Monkey+

I don't think they make these anymore, but I love my 3 1/2" Gerber 600 folder w/ Kraton handle. Been carrying it everyday for several years. Sturdy and sharp. The blade is stamped "Eugene, OR". (So does that make me an anachronism?) [winkthumb]

16. rcsaxby

rcsaxby Monkey

I carry a Cold Steel Reacon one for personal defense. I actually prefer it over my pistol. And call me crazy but I like it better than my Applegate/Fairbane knife. I'm not saying I don't carry a pistol, I do. But if a guy doesn't pull out a gun or I think I can get him with my knife that's what I'm going for. I'm mean you could really butcher someone in a matter of seconds with the thing. It's a tough as nails folding knife.

17. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

I carry a CS Recon, too. But my favorite is my custom combat knife. Custom ground ATS-34 stainless with wood laminate handle, brass bolster, finger and thumb supports with decorative file work.

pakka-brass-with-filework.

Frisian likes this.
  18. Castiel

Castiel Monkey+

It depends. For work I got the surge with a utility knife with extra blades (saves my Leatherman blade). But when I'm out I carry the wingman.

19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

For the past few months I have only been carrying the SOG mini Aegis.

Specs: AUS 8 steel, cryo treated, full flat ground, assisted open
    Size: 3" blade
    Weight: 2 oz.

It has been doing well chopping cardboard, slicing plastic and every daily task I throw at it. It has a pure zytel handle, no liner -this adds to the light weight nature of this blade but doesn't sacrifice stability. The handle is comfortable with really good texture and ergonomics. It has an ambidextrous thumb stud and nice traction across the top of the handle and blade. It is a bit tough to sharpen, but not too bad. It holds an edge adequately, and it's a lovely edge at that. The point is absolutely incredible. I had to tighten it up a little bit only twice, and so far no problems. There is a manual safety, but I have forgotten it even had one, that's how unobtrusive it is. The pocket clip retention is the best design -I love SOG clips. The assisted opening makes it quick and simple to deploy. It's not too large to be uncomfortable; I prefer smaller EDC blades, but I can rock a carry blade up to twice this size with little discomfort.

Even the full size Aegis at 3.2 oz. would be a great option for those who prefer the larger EDC.
    sog_mini_aegis.

20. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Just a simple Buck Folding Hunter and an old Leatherman Pulse...both so old they have stock leather pouches (and the Leatherman is "Patent Pending")

1. Hanzo
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. 3M-TA3
  7. GOG
  8. JLRhiner
  9. Hanzo
  10. Hanzo
  11. Andy the Aussie
    ...it's my excuse anyway... ;) [IMG] [IMG]