What do you (EDC) carry ?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by bladefrenzy, Jun 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DomC

DomC Monkey

As of late I carry a SAK One Hand Trekker in a sheath, CRKT Folts Minamalist bowie around my neck, and a Camillus Yelo Jaket (a father's day gift from my son) in my right cargo shorts pocket.

DomC

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Still carrying my Kershaw Blur. Faster than all of the autos I have tried. I'm really wanting a ZT 301 for duty.

Brokor likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Yup... lately a SAK Fieldmaster all the time... everything I need and want... no cork screw :0)

4. EtDub

EtDub Monkey

I carry a spyderco tenacious with the zip tie mod.

5. DomC

DomC Monkey

Never heard of the zip tie mod...can you elaborate please?

DomC :) ;)

6. EtDub

EtDub Monkey

7. DomC

DomC Monkey

8. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

My wife and daughter bought me a Cold Steel bushman folder and I like it alot.

9. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I just received a CRKT Heiho pocket knife. I was kind of skeptical about this blade, as I'm not really a fan of tanto style grinds.

After playing with it for a while, I really like it. The blade has no serrations (I hate them for EDC) and is actually double hollow ground. The back of the spine has a bevel grind to it, adding a layer of refinement I wasn't expecting in a $40 blade.

Heiho.

The pocket clip is right near the end of the handle, making it all but disappear in your pocket. I always thought the Hissatsu and accompanying folders had too large of handles for the size of the blade, aesthetically ruining the knife. After holding the knife in my hands and running a few drills, I can see why the handle is the way it is- it is function over form.

I'm really starting to warm up to this knife, and may get it's bigger brother- the Otanashi noh ken.

10. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

Ka-Bar Tanto (aka: black betty)...shes my baby...although the evil b!t(h of doom in my collection is my United Cutlery Karambit...theres just something about these supreme throat slicers from hell that i love alot...sorry yes i know..i need help.

11. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

Every day I carry a Leatherman multi-tool. I first got a multi-tool by Gerber as a gift many years ago and was so amazed by how often I used it that I had a hard time figuring how I ever got along without one. In the woods for a casual day hike etc., I carry either a Mora Craftline High Q Robust (a recent gift) or a Condor Bushlore.

12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Why a leather man over a Gerber? I carry the Gerber multi-tool w/ toolkit daily, and prefer it greatly. ( needle nose version)

13. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

it just happens to be the one i have...I like 'em both.

kellory likes this.
  14. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

S&W HRT folder. And a custom fighter I made from saw steel.

15. Darwin

Darwin Monkey

If I head into the city I carry 2 sharps, I will carry a punch knife most times and always a brake blade.
    I have been looking for a trench knife for almost a year and once I find one that will be my carry. Monkey's (brass knuckles) are a staple around my house as well.

16. charliefox42

charliefox42 Monkey

Lately either a RAT1 or Utilitac and a SAK Rambler. I usually also have a Wave, Juice S2 or a SAK SwissChamp close by.

17. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Bump. I wonder if anybody ever reads the featured threads or if they just look at recent posts?

AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  18. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Yes to both.

Yard Dart likes this.
  19. wastelander

wastelander Bad English, bare with me

Been out in the world a bit lately and I have been carrying a S&W Sigma. Not being used to EDC'ing firearms being a resident of a disarmed society I must say the S&W wasn't bad for the buck allthough if I had been allows to get a gun I could keep I would have chosen differently.

20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I carry both a Camillus lock blade and a S&W 9MM Shield daily..... there is some comfort in a back up blade on hand and I would rely on it for close quarters defense.... but the 9MM will be the first pulled. That is if I am not carrying a more portly fella on-board with more rounds and a heavier punch ;) On the flip side, I carry my knife everyday, everywhere due to our local laws.... you can not carry a firearm into a bar... which does not mean you should be unarmed.... just say'n. ;) And at work they frown upon us being armed in the office with firearms.... so a knife always fit's the bill!!!
    Camillus 9'' Cuda

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
    AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  1. Hanzo
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. 3M-TA3
  7. GOG
  8. JLRhiner
  9. Hanzo