What do you feed your dogs?

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Hanzo, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Usually a mix of Dry doggy food ( 100% natural, no corn, no preservatives) mixed with what ever meat trimmings we have, one cooked egg, and maybe a half can of tuna or un smoked but cooked salmon! We always add powdered seaweed and Fish Oils to their mix, and then add any veggies, especially carrots and broccoli which they really love!

My Doggies LOVE berries, they feed themselves daily with everything in reach, and they LOVE fresh fruits. They all have differing tastes though, it funny to watch. The Malinator doesn't like Bananas, while the Newfie Puppy doesn't like Blueberries or Cantaloupe, they ALL love watermelon, and would eat a whole one each if I let them! Their fav is Dragon Fruit we get at costco in the frozen section, comes in a 2 1/2 pound bag and is fully prepped, you open that bag you got three Large Predators at your heels chomping at the bit for a bite of the good stuff, they all know the sound of that bag opening, that and Potato chip bag!

3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

My dog is feed illegals and loves them (joking) she gets Taste of the Wild and as a treat she loves apples

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    Hanzo, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I share my food with her, what ever I eat she eats, and she has regular dog food if she wants it.

Hanzo, Ura-Ki, duane and 1 other person like this.
  5. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Diamond brand Lamb and Rice

6. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

50/50 Cheap RK dog food mixed with boiled chicken/possum/squirrel/groundhog/beef/pork/rabbit just depends if a varmit gets int he crosshairs if not then it the stuff from the freezers. Boil off the bones, take bones out and mix meat n juice with dog food and portion it out 7 ways.

POP approved rations!
    DSC03063.JPG

7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Awesome guys!

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Man, and people think we spoil our dogs! Hills Perfect Wt. with added fish oil and vita.

Hanzo, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'd like to feed mine door to door salesmen, thieves, child molesters. Trash like that.
    But there's laws against this for some reason?

10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Naw Brother yer good, we do the same here-pretty much anyone that turns off the paved road...

Cruisin Sloth, Gator 45/70 and Hanzo like this.
  11. Sunnyvibes

Sunnyvibes Monkey

I have a puppy and she is still on the puppy food; stools not that solid so have changed to Blue wilderness grain free however mixing with the Simply Nourish large breed puppy so she still gets the glucosamine & chondroitin to support hip and joint health until I can find a better alternative. She loves frozen banana slices in her Kong, apples and carrots. I have been giving the carrots raw to help with her teething. Is it better to cook them? She is Black German Shepherd and is now 5 months old. I got her at 8 weeks. She is a lot of work and consistent training but worth every bit of it.

Cruisin Sloth, Gator 45/70 and Hanzo like this.
  12. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

My dog's major food is meat and also providing nutrients foods such as grains, fruits, and vegetables.

Hanzo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Some of ya'lls dogs eat better than I do . :(

[LMAO][LMAO]

Hanzo, Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  14. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

diamond high energy dog food, carrots, apples and taters sometimes....whatever gets dropped on the floor

15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Our dog Frank, lived to be 18, and he ate pretty good. For the first years, we fed him various dry and canned commercial dog foods, but after the Chinese dog food problems we fed him boiled chicken breasts and veggies.... boy did Frank love his veggies. He liked anything crunchy, like turnips, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob, corn cobs, asparagus, etc. Frank has been gone 5 years and I still miss him...always will. I'm just glad that my Daddy died before Frank, because it would have broken his heart. Now I have two, count 'em two, cats...Mittens and Socks.

Hanzo, Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  16. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Dry dog food, that dog bologna looking tube meat dog food. Freeze dried liver and veggies. They also get anything the beg from us at dinner!

17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I'll see if the food lady will chime in , Our pups have the best coats of all the dogs I know 30 pups who get freeze dried beef treats from me .

Food lady : staples are dry food and meat. I make the dry food kibble out of: eggs, lard, apple, carrot, beets, beans, whole wheat, oat and rye flours, quinoa, flax seed, duck or chicken broth, and powdered milk. The meat is one of either chicken, duck, pork, deer, lamb, goat, rabbit or fish. Mornings are dry food and scrambled eggs. Lunch is dry food and meat. Dinner is dry food and meat. Treats are dried kibble, or freeze dried beef. If the girls catch something I can skin, they get that worked into their food, too.

Ms Food lady Sloth , Yur so lucky she typed it .
    Sloth

oldawg, Hanzo, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Wow! Three meals a day. And good stuff too!

19. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Fresh meats and vegetables. Sometimes providing hot chicken soup. We also providing some tasty cookies to my dog.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7