What Do You Find Offensive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Jun 22, 2014.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Regardless of what you say about having a thick hide, I have reasons to disbelieve you, and I have just revealed my point of proof. Since you are an older old fart than myself, and a bilge rat snipe to boot, I will credit it to the advanced age and a forgetfulness thing.

chelloveck likes this.
  2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

There is a big difference between annoyance and offense. Many little things annoy me but there are only a few that I find truly offensive.

I'm offended by those who think their belief system and rights trump mine. I'm offended by waste and not the kind ghrit spent a good part of career designing systems to handle - that kind of waste is fine by me. I'm offended by the gratuitous display of the scantily clad bodies of pubescent young women in an effort to sell something to the masses. However, I'm not offended by the display of male bodies for the same purpose - its all a matter of perspective! I offended by chili that is sold in a tin can - this is really more than being offended because its more aptly in the realm of what should be downright illegal.

chelloveck, Seacowboys and kellory like this.
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Being the sole proprietor of the most heavily guarded secret chili recipe in existence, I can relate being offended by the vile practice of calling that stuff found in cans, Chili

chelloveck and kellory like this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

And anyone who adds cinnamon to chilli needs to have their head examined.....maddd

5. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

I find liberals offensive.

Do I need further explanation?

Brokor and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I believe I'm going to have to call you out Sea on that chili, I'll bring my own bowl and fritos.

kellory likes this.
  7. Seacowboys

Name a time an place, only stipulation is that it requires at least a quarter of a hundred people and plenty of cold beer to do it justice.

kellory likes this.
  8. Seacowboys

Beer farts! Beer farts are offensive and have no substance, only stench. oh, .... and Obama, he offends me more than beer farts, really bad stench and nothing to redeem it, not even a burp.

9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'll bring Boudan

10. whynot

whynot Monkey+++

My boss's kid tried to iron a shirt on his body. The boss is kind of a dick some times and knew I would not be able to hold back on that one so he made the kid tell me. Best day at work ever!

Motomom34 likes this.
  11. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I find offensive the fact that I can't have a robot 'body' for just one week to get everything done around here that I want to get done. Andnot being able to sleep in, that's also very offensive to me. And there being paprika in the ingredients for the Little Debbie's coconut crumb donuts. I don't want savory crap in my sweet stuff.

Oh and not being elected supreme ruler of the planet Krypton is also beyond offensive.

Motomom34, Grand58742 and Yard Dart like this.
  12. Seacowboys

I think "Laugh Tracks" on television are offensive and insulting. Especially ones on shows like "Two and a Half Men" where the canned laughter is preceded by that cheesy music cue. It offends me that the public has been so conditioned that they now have to be cued when to laugh, even in the privacy of their homes.

ditch witch, Motomom34 and ghrit like this.
  13. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I think that if you need that kind of 'cue' in a comedy show, it's not that funny.

JABECmfg likes this.
  14. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Using the herd mentality, all it takes is one person to laugh, or follow the directions from the "Applaud" sign and the rest will follow!

chelloveck likes this.
  15. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I think that some TV and radio comedy show producers rely overly much on the dictum that "laughter is infectious", to carry the weight of comedy script writing that is not particularly funny in the first place. Genuine laughter, heart felt by one's companions can be infectious...but canned laughter is usually not.

16. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless

A simple solution... don't watch crappy TV shows. Problem solved!

Yard Dart and RightHand like this.
  17. RightHand

I'll do you one better, I don't even own a TV. No laugh tracks or applause signs in a good book

18. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

A really, REALLY good defense.

:D

19. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I find politically correct speaking offensive .

kellory likes this.
  20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Me, too. But I have to say that some of these TV commercials with multi racial, multi cultural "families" of incredibly unlikely mixes reduce me to helpless laughter.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7