What do you think of this? New forum software - xenForo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Nov 27, 2010.

1. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

I can't tell exactly what the like button does but I'm on another forum that has a thanks button and really like it.

I'm not that impressed with the new program from what I've seen so far though.

2. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

I agree that it's a nice, clean layout; it's easy to read, which is important for me. It would be an easy switch for me (not that you're going to).

About the only thing I have trouble with (which can probably be changed easily if I wanted to spend time on it) is the deliniation/demarcation between posts. A post on this forum has a box around it with a blue header, so it's easy to distinguish between the top of one post and the the bottom of another. Also - not that it matters to me - I didn't see a link to blogs.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Yeah. All of the little graphical things could be tweaked. From paying with it, it seems like it would create more discussion... It alerts and prompts you when someone quotes you, etc.

like=thanks

No Blogs yet.

xF is still in beta and I wanted to see what others thought. I'd use it if I were starting another forum- might be tough to convert to. Maybe we could split? SM1 and SM2

4. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

Didn't poke around much but it worked fine for me. Seems like it would be an easy transition.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7