What do you use for dangerous four legged animals ?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by TwoCrows, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Well considering I grew up in bear country- I don't think I would ever tramp around in that type O area without at least a heavy side arm close by. Seen a couple of hikers with their cute bear bells on their shoes- and not much else left....

2. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I figure use the mother-in-law as a protector from large animals and if she goes down being an excessively large woman she will be food for a while.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Cephus, Gator 45/70, VisuTrac and 2 others like this.
  3. Warscent

Warscent Corus corax

Id say . 50 Beowulf. lol.
    velociraptor_jurassic_park-660x350.
    twilight-velociraptor.

4. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Yes it is. It takes some work but its actually really good.
    You will need: 3skunks, skinned and cleaned, 1 tablespoon season salt, 3 tablespoons garlic powder, 1 tablespoon season all, 1 tsp chipotle powder, 3cups bacon fat or 3cups lard, 2 egg yolks beaten, 3 cups milk or 3 cups cream, 1 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons baking powder.

Clean and wash the skunks, making sure that the scent glands are removed. Cut up into small serving pieces. Put a soup kettle on the stove and add the meat. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and boil until the meat is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove all the stuff that rises to the surface and discard in trash. Then drain the water and rinse well with hot water.

Make a batter by mixing together the egg yolks, milk, flour, seasonings, salt and baking powder. Mix real good until the batter is about like cake batter. Heat the bacon fat or lard in a deep fryer to about 340 degrees. Dip the pieces of skunk in the batter and then fry them in the deep fryer until golden brown. dain well and serve.
    Arby's horsey sauce is GREAT on them.

bgner likes this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Mjölnir ?

6. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Like we used to say in Alaska, if you carry a pistol for protection in bear country, be sure to file off the front sight.

BTPost and Maxflax like this.
  7. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

A 7.62 NATO or 30-06 with softpoints should be plenty unless they are charging you at close range. Then you may be toast no matter what you hit them with once

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I turn my dogs on it and walk on :)

9. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

A tiger could tear an entire dog pack apart, even mastiffs or rotties

10. Quigley_Sharps

I get my escape

11. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

Unlike you, I do not consider my dogs disposable that way, more likely they would jump in and then I would end up fighting to save them.

12. Quigley_Sharps

They better hope I dont get too hungry in SHTF, I will have dog tacos.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Had I a dog, I'd think the same way as Quigs. When food got too low to feed the pup, I'd be in the same situation. Hate the idea, but one of us would eat the other, and I'd rather it be me that chews.

Cephus likes this.
  14. peanut

peanut Monkey+

Quigley, you should post a warning. I just spit water all over the place. [ROFL]I'm an animal lover, but my daddy was a marine and he says under the right circumstances, anything is edible. You know, there's probably a recipe on here somewhere....I'm so stealing this. When hubby asks what's for dinner, I got an answer.

Yard Dart and BTPost like this.
  15. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I still say a 12g, but if I had to choose something else, a Model 1895 45-70 guide gun ported, good recoil pad, and large loop with 500 grain cast loads

16. m 99

m 99 Monkey+++

peanut i just saw you but a ham in the oven i think. as for what i use for the critters look at peanuts avatar!!!

17. peanut

peanut Monkey+

Darling, you can have the gun. I run faster than you.

Sapper John likes this.
  18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

[ROFL] You two, brighten my day.......

peanut likes this.
  19. peanut

peanut Monkey+

It's a good day BTP, not often he leaves himself open like that.....he should've chose track over football. He can tackle said wild animal all he wants, I'll be having tacos with Quigley. [ROFL]

20. rimfirehunter

rimfirehunter Monkey++

I use a Marlin 1894 .44Mag for hog hunting and when I am small game hunting with my rimfires the Taurus Tracker .44Mag is carried in hip holster for hog/dog/coyote and black bear protection.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7