What do you use for dangerous four legged animals ?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by TwoCrows, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

I won't abandon my furry friends

TwoCrows likes this.
  2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

Why not feed one of your children to the bear so that you can make your escape ? /end sarcasm

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

You confuse your children with your pets? :eek: I have no such confusion.[aiw]
    Id feed a stranger to a bear to save my family. do I know you?;)/ start sarcasm.

peanut, m 99, Tracy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Thanks, I'm glad to know that I would be safe in your company...:D

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I'll make sure there are no Bears around if I ever come to visit, Quig....biglaff

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

I'd feed a stranger to a bear to save my dogs.
    I don't know you, do I ? :D

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

595__574x434_funny_dog_onlinegreenbay-27_0.
    595__574x434_funny_dog_onlinegreenbay-27_0. 595__574x434_funny_dog_onlinegreenbay-27_0.

8. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Hey Sapper just make sure you are one of the ones who weigh the least, I surround myself with expendable fat people that way if I have to I can out run them to get to the safe area, If you trip them large people are slower getting up and most of the time break bones plus if they go down if a fire fight they go from concealment to cover. (LOL)[peep]

Yard Dart, BTPost and TwoCrows like this.
  9. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

Are you furry?

10. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Oh yeah, a regular sasquach!

11. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Monkey+

I am going back to the original question. I use 30.06 on pig. I carry a Rem. 742 with 4 rd mag in it an a spare 4 rder in my pocket. I carry a spare 9 rds on the sleeve. 180 grain bullets put a hurt on most everything.

12. peanut

peanut Monkey+

Honestly if I was actually being chased by some huge animal? Check the avatar, stops just about everything, also clears your sinuses. I love multi-use tools. Probably overkill, but at least I live to tell the story. Pistol wise, at the least I'd want .44 mag if not the S&W 500, rifle wise at least a 300 win mag or 30.06

13. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

my go too for large predators is a .308 Norma Magnum.... with 180/ 200 grain bronze tips

peanut likes this.
  14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

We keep a 870 cylinder bore 12ga and a Mossberg also cylinder bore near the doors. Most of our company is squirrels and deer.

Silversnake likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7