What Guage?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by magnus392, Aug 27, 2005.

1. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I like the 12 Gauge...other than that I don't much care about other guages. The .410 is cool for squirrel though.

2. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

12 gauge is cool. I like the 20 gauge and 16 gauge as well.

Mostly because they were there and I felt like buying them. Any and all is my motto.

3. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Depends on the use. If it entails buckshot, 12 is the only way to go. Remington is making a 1 oz 20 ga slug, so if you shoot a few birds or squirrels, and need a slug occasionally, a 20 can do the job.
    http://www.remington.com/NR/exeres/00001649wetanuqwswjcanfk/press.asp?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=%2Fwhatsnew%2Fpress%2F2005%2Fam_buckhammerslug.htm&NRNODEGUID={77A491A3-8E71-4865-8BB1-332CA75811DA}&NRQUERYTERMINATOR=1&cookie_test=1

4. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Whatever you can handle. This is kinda like the 9mm and .45 debate, doesn't do any good to shoot a 12 if you can't handle the recoil.

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am task specific in my choice. I prefer a .410 or 28 guage for quail, a 20 for dove and woodcock, a 12 for most other shotgunning tasks from sporting clays to home-invaders, and a 10 for geese and turkey. I have only one 16, an old browning sweet 16 that I like to drag into the fild occassionally to play with too.
    I prefer winchester model 12 pumps above all others, but my Ithica featherlites are favorites too. I love my browning satori (O&U) but it will never replace my bernadelli side by side. my old winchester 97 gets out a lot as does my 1100 remington...the benelli super is becomming my favorite semi-auto...and some days you just can't beat the nostalgic little stage-coach....hmmm....I think I'm starting to see a patern here....I think Justin Wilson was correct when asked what wine to serve with dinner "What kinda wine you gots?"

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I like the 12's, but the 20's work great also.

7. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I really want a PG converted Siaga 12:D That is my hang up!

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have always really liked the short double barrel coach guns. I have always thought they were really cool. Good for snakes with legs and without.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Next to racking a pump gun, hearing exposed hammers clacked back will draw some attention. Too bad there are only two clacks. :eek:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7