What If... Lost in Alaska

Discussion in 'Survival Topic of the Month' started by Dunerunner, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alaska has cabins set up with food water and firewood through out the state. We had a map posted in the Command Hallway when I was stationed there. Simply copy and mark on your map and work your way there. A lot have radios also.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Alaska has lots of cabins, out in the bush, but most are Private, but usually are left unlocked... The Rule is: If it is Life & Death, then you can use the cabin for shelter, but it is your responsibility to Replace, whatever you use, Firewood, Food, etc, Double and notify the Owner, when you get out... usually thru the local State Trooper, because he will know. who owns the cabin... This is true, even down here in the “Civilized” Bush of Southeast Alaska... One of our cabins are open, and stocked for Emergency Occupation, where the other is Locked Up. We posted a Sign, that tells Lost Folks, which is which, what the deal is, and who, and where, we are...

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Tell em about the hunting parties stranded on the tundra and how they survived on and after 9-11

4. BTPost

No need, it is only 1.5 miles from our cabin to the Cannery, and a year-round Coinless Coin Payphone... If they can’t walk 1.5 miles after getting to our place, then there is No Hope, for their survival...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. I just googled the BLM public cabins. A lot of them the BLM burned down when they were given over to the State of Alaska, because of liability issues! WTF!!!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. BTPost

The USFS has a few cabins that they rent out during the summers... for the” Touristoes” but they are locked, and you have to make “Reservations” in advance...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. JD Miller

JD Miller Monkey

I'd grab my sailfone and call for a Chinese food delivery

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

And here we go !!!

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. DKR