What is 2 + 2 =? ...or how ridiculous PC has become in the USA

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Bandit99, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

In all honesty, no I am not sure she should come here especially since I don't see it getting better. The problem is she is truly like a daughter and we want her near us. Furthermore, she is such a good person, educated, and a hard worker that she's exactly the type of immigrant we want and need in this country...but they only hand out 50,000 Lottery Green Cards a year...so the odds are pretty slim for her, <2%. She has tried the last 4 years to get a green card via the Lottery system but no-joy. I really don't know what we're going to do unless they change the Immigration system to reflect the 21st Century it doesn't look good for her or us. They leave us no options - zero. Russia might be the only option if we're to live like a family again.

LOL! I love the title!!!! Looking for it now...

Yeah, it does seem like minorities run the damn country but it appears that the pendulum is starting to swing the other way on the LBGT crowd even though it doesn't seem so at times and I would not be surprised to see some reversals on these 'genderless' restrooms in the near future. It just takes time for people to get organized...it's utter nonsense, so much so that normal folk don't take it serious until, like you, it hits them square in the face then they get mad and get organized.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@Bandit99 - I take it that you have looked into an employment visa? (H-1B or H-2B programs.) There are preferences for certain talents and skills.

Zimmy, Yard Dart and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I wish you , and her , luck in being able to re-unite your family , she does sound like the type of immigrant we need. Good luck to you all .

Zimmy and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

that was a pretty funny spoof.... humor doesnt always translate well

taking that spoof seriously is like watching MSNBC and assuming its the truth [LMAO][sarc2]

Zimmy likes this.
  5. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Another option would be to get her into a college program, grad school, something and get her on a student visa. When the degree is finished there are ways to remain for two more years gaining on-the-job training and experience. Then while all that is going on continue to try and get a visa that keeps her here.

Zimmy and Yard Dart like this.
  6. Bandit99

Yes, that is correct; however, I can do very little in that regard as I'm retired now and most my contacts had to do with overseas work. I know she has looked into Work Visas but...

You are absolutely correct! In fact, I think it is the ONLY way. I helped a young Bosnian refugee, really nice kid, do this, and he finally became a American citizen a few years ago. The problem is...there are no good grad schools where we live! LOL!!! The closest would be Spokane and to be frank...I'm not sure they would be worth it plus it's about 1.5 hours one-way... Her degree is in Software Engineering so I would assume a Master in Computer Science or Math...but Spokane for Computer Science?!?! :) They are not exactly renown for their Computer Science program and to send her to some other university would sort of defeat the point of seeing her but perhaps I am being too harsh... Anyway, it might be the only option... It's a mess to be sure... I actually wanted to adopt her and tried but her grandmother (my wife's mother) wouldn't allow it. I should have fought it but I was new to the family and didn't realize that I had become the actually patriarch of the family until it was too late and by that time she was 16-years old, too late to adopt. Yeah, it's a mess...and I have never felt so damn helpless.

Zimmy, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I would seriously look into the Student Visa option which can be upgraded as needed! After that, get her into the system for becoming a Citizen as quickly as possible! There are some other options, but I think the student visa would be the best!

Zimmy, Bandit99 and SB21 like this.
  8. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

I agree with that as the best approach given the givens. But with all the screeching I've been seeing about the shortage of software engineers, it might not be too hard to find an employer needing some help and getting them to initiate a visa application. My background is distinctly not computer related, so I can't be a lot of help with suggestions of places to look.

Zimmy, Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Hmmm... can you find a grad program somewhere in the US that requires an occasional appearance in person but most of the work can be done on-line? Some MBA programs I know a number of years ago had a once a month weekend get together but lots of stuff in between is done on-line or by correspondence. There is also no requirement that the college be in her previous major. She have other interests? Law, medicine, business, music, anything that is taught locally?

Zimmy, Ura-Ki and Bandit99 like this.
  10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Have her come here and tell the democrats she has proof of Trump / Russian collusion , and she'll spill the beans for citizenship,,, She'll have citizenship and a pension overnight.
    Sorry , I joke around a lot ,, I do wish you all the best of luck . She sounds like a great kid .

Ura-Ki and Bandit99 like this.
  11. Bandit99

One would think that the majority of the Computer Science courses could be done online since most are about software code and math so...so I wonder. I mean, if she had to go once a week for exams or whatever than it wouldn't be too bad so... It's an idea and I will look into it next week. Thanks!

Zimmy and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. JD Miller

JD Miller Monkey

Freaks !

13. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I believe personal appearances at Trump University were pretty much optional...the quality of education and academic value? Very much a matter of your YMMV.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7