Alternative Medicine What is a best natural remedy to deal Cold in a short time?

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by jefferson, Jun 22, 2022.

1. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Lots of time suffering from cold due to travel and some other issues, any fast relief natural remedies available. Please give me some suggestion.

2. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

heard reports that zinc helps but??? also seen claims of over the counter remedies doing a good job but word is catch it early so?

also recently heard something called airborne helps???

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I drink jack Daniels honey wiskey.
    Alcohol kills viruses I think.

4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Preacher gave a moving sermon with a mason jar with earthworms in it. He poured a pint of whiskey into the jar of worms and all of the worms died! Looking out on the congregation he pointed a boy and asked Johnny what have you learned here today? Johnny says "Pastor I have learned that if I drink whiskey I won't get worms!"

DuxDawg, oldawg, Gator 45/70 and 7 others like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

High zink to go along with other vitamin supliments in higher doses, emergen-C powder in hot water with honey, apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of salt really does a good job, just pinch yer hooter and shotgun it, tastes nasty!

6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I was in the liquor (also beer, wine and tobacco) business for 35 years, and the go to remedy for most people (including preachers) is booze. It's a wonder that I didn't stay sick, what with all of the sick people trooping through the stores. We kept jugs of hand-sanitizer and spray bottles of rubbing alcohol on hand at all times...so yeah, we were ready when Covid came along. I always told people to use whatever they like to drink, cause they might get better!

7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

When the honey whiskey(s) came out (Jim Beam, Evan Williams, WT and Jack) I though, "So now they are making cough medicine!?".

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Nyquil.
    I know you said natural remedy but .. it works.

9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Back when this area was dry (no legal alcohol sales) it was common to see bags of empty Nyquil bottles on the roadsides. Cooking wine and sherry were also popular.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try to follow this method in my life.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Vitamin C injections will knock it out. In fact, if you take 1000-5000 mg of Vit C every day you wont get sick any more.

Alternatively you can take: 50,000 IU Vit D, 25mg zinc, 1000mg Vit C, and 500 mg quercetin. That should do the trick.

Quercetin: A Promising Treatment for the Common Cold

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Large daily doses of Vitamins: C, D, & B12 along with Zinc and Quercetin. I have found that it actually does help to drink a good stiff Bourbon like 'Maker's Mark', or Jack Daniels 'Black Label'; and then take a hot bath before going to bed. Another homeopathic remedy I like is to use a controlled (short term) regimen of daily doses of colloidal silver. (I like 'Silver Wings' @ 500 ppm.)

Now, don't laugh, but I have also heard very good things about (Ready?) Ivermectin—It's NOT just for horses, you know! ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Sunnyvibes

Sunnyvibes Monkey

Airborne if you start taking it right away and echinacea.

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Before I learned about Air Borne, I used apple cider vinegar and honey, 2 table spoons of each in a cup of hot water.
    Problem is you must do something fast, and not put it off till it is convenient.

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  15. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Thanks for your suggestion, but I don't want to take injection type remedy for cold. I think better to take any vitamin C food for daily life is a good option to boost immunity power in the body.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

If you are planning to get your vitamin C from food, then you will need to eat about 12-15 oranges per day in order to get 1000 mg of vitamin C....or you could drink a half-gallon of OJ. Me, I take two 1000 mg tablets of vitamin C, plus a multi vitamin, plus any I get from food!

CraftyMofo likes this.
  17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

In Hawaii, we have La'au Lapa'au... plant medicine. One of the Kumu's (teacher) recipe's works really well. Quite frankly, we have not gotten sick in years, knock on wood. Last flu or even bad cold was years before Covid.

I'll share the recipe with our naturalpathic spin on it. My girls call the drink, the witch's brew because they do not like the taste. I think it tastes ok and would even make a mean dirty martini. It is all natural. The Hawaiian and Chinese and I think Indian share an idea that food is medicine and medicine is food.

Witch's Brew:
    Fill a mason jar with the dry and wet ingredients.
    Dry:
    Garlic
    Ginger
    Rosemary
    Basil
    Hawaiian chili peppers
    Wet:
    Lemon juice
    Apple cider vinegar with mother

Notes:
    Fill the jar with dry stuff. Two peppers are enough. If you want really spicy, go for it.
    50/50 on the liquids.
    And the suck. Shake for 30 minutes. The liquid will change.

Drink 1-2 ounces every three hours.

If you run out, add liquid again and shake another 30 minutes. After that, make a new batch. I don't think we have had to make another batch.

Our spin. Take something every hour. Hour 1, witch's brew. Hour 2, drink kamut. Hour 3, take sun chlorella. Repeat the cycle.

I'm not prescribing anything, but it works for us. If one person gets sick, we all take the course.

My theory is the ingredients and the shaking have high thermic value and helps to raise your core body temperature that helps to kill the bugs. We also think going out in the sun and sea helps. Always seem to feel better after going in the ocean or the mountains.

18. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Thanks for your natural recipe's...I hope really this information useful to me and many other forum users.

Hanzo likes this.
  19. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Ideally, I hope you don't get sick.

jefferson likes this.
  20. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: Thanks dude.....o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Hanzo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7